Fiamma

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

kev&caz
Bongonaut

Fiamma

Post by kev&caz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi all I have been offerd a Fiamma F65 top to put on my van I have the standard lifting roof does anyone know if this will fit? It looks quite big it is also bolted to his roof. At the moment its on a Transit. If you know the answer can you let me know
Thanks Kev :?:
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Fiamma

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:34 pm

According to this: http://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Aw ... oof-Awning, depending on model, it can be between 3.8 & 4.7m long & weigh 36 - 44Kg. That's going to be way too long & heavy for a Bongo.

This is what a 2.5m long awning looks like on my van & I reckon you may just get away with upto 3m, but after that, it's not going to be safe.

alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:00 pm

you looking for the 45s or think some fitted the 35 pro
take it easy drive a bongo
mentaliss
Bongolier

Post by mentaliss » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 pm

kev&caz wrote:Hi all I have been offerd a Fiamma F65 top to put on my van I have the standard lifting roof does anyone know if this will fit? It looks quite big it is also bolted to his roof. At the moment its on a Transit. If you know the answer can you let me know
Thanks Kev :?:
I did this......lovely roof But you cant get the canopy out for the correct angle to the height of the van so when you winch it out and try to adjust the legs for height clearance the awning will bottom out via the 'shock absorber block' and you could damage it...I dare say you can modify the fittings but this awning was actually designed for the Fiat Ducato ( hide sided vehicle)... if you really want the latest fiamma winch out awning have a look at the F45S 8)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:12 pm

i agree, it's far to heavy for a Bongo. Keep searching Kev, i've got the one that is made or the Bongo, it's a "KAA", like rocking horse poo but the do come up now and then. Pay around £150 -£200.

All the best mate,

Dave
The Janner Vanner

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”