To wrap or not to wrap?

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Badger inkslinger
Bongonaut

To wrap or not to wrap?

Post by Badger inkslinger » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 pm

well, bongo has some chips etc and rust around the wheel arches, so i need that sorting...
now.. i could either get it wrapped? (for thoes who dont know what car wrapping is here a link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3LPfHk3gKo

or getting it sprayed, the price isn't really much of a difference,
but i might be thinking about getting a design on it like airbrushed.. in the future.. but if got it wrapped i wouldbt be able to airbrush it after..... or i could get the design printed onto the vinyl before i get it printed and stuck on.

so the question is.. to wrap or not to wrap???

and if anyone has had there bongo wrapped or design airbrushed please feel free to post some photos....
8)
thanks badger
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Re: To wrap or not to wrap?

Post by kawasaki kid » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I would get the rust sorted and painted - if you wrap it - it will still rot away underneath as the arches rot insideout :x - some of the wrap jobs I`ve seen on some vans with window pressings and waistlines are poor after a while as the vinyl lifts and the van looks shabby and it can`t be fixed without replacing the vinyl. #-o
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
fastgraphix

Re: To wrap or not to wrap?

Post by fastgraphix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,
I would get it painted, I wrap vehicles for a living and unless it has good paintwork with no rust it won't stick and show's up all the marks, dings and dents. If you do want it wrapped after paint work is sorted make sure they use a good quailty wrapping vinyl or it will pull out of the curves and look naff after a month or two.

Simon.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”