New door speakers

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Re: New door speakers

Post by M 80NGO » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 pm

jaylee wrote:What an improvement...! 8) Thanks to M 80NGO's tips i had these in without too much fuss.. (apart from dodging the atrocious weather.) :roll: These speakers it seems can handle a fair bit of driving compared to the Mazda ones.. Which is what i expect from JBL. Should have done this ages ago.... Well happy with my sound now.. Nice find .. =D> :mrgreen:

HU raaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!!!!

Well done buddy i knew you'd be alright =D> specially with my "how to" guide 8) couldn't agree more with the comment about how much better they are than the o/e units but then to be fair the o/e units are 20 year old technology. Lovin ya pictorial =D> now gonna go buy some shares in JBL cos i recon there share price is gonna rocket with all the impending Bongo upgrades =D>
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:45 am

They certainly work well with my 15 year old head unit.. Which is still going strong & i haven't the hart to get rid off.. (I'm used to the controls on it now & it matches the dash illumination theme!) :wink:

If anyone else is interested, they just lowered the price on the speakers again by the looks of it.... :arrow: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165707
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
longhaul8
Tribal Elder

Post by longhaul8 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 pm

yep dropped the price to stop m 8ongo getting paid to much in commission....... :lol: :lol:
spud350
Bongolier

Post by spud350 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I've got some for mine. Can't be bothered with the jiggery pokery in this weather though.
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 pm

longhaul8 wrote:yep dropped the price to stop m 8ongo getting paid to much in commission....... :lol: :lol:

Well thats the kids uni fund outa the window #-o
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 pm

spud350 wrote:I've got some for mine. Can't be bothered with the jiggery pokery in this weather though.

You can't beat a lill bit of jiggery pokery this time of year, it give you that warm fellin in ya tummy =D>
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:38 pm

M 80NGO wrote:
spud350 wrote:I've got some for mine. Can't be bothered with the jiggery pokery in this weather though.

You can't beat a lill bit of jiggery pokery this time of year, it give you that warm fellin in ya tummy =D>
I must admit i brought the the door cards, pods & components indoors (The kitchen) for the assembly & speaker grill modification on the cards.... I also used a heat gun to soften the glue on the original speakers to the pod after removing the three screws... (white opaque glue, bit like a sealant.) & then waited for the weather to brighten up to open the van & install.....

... In the interim, the kitchen never looked so clean when the wife got home..!! :wink:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
warnerjones

Post by warnerjones » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Does anyone know if these fit all years please? We have a 2003 aero.
Thanks
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm

warnerjones wrote:Hi Does anyone know if these fit all years please? We have a 2003 aero.
Thanks

I can only assume ( ASS outa U and ME ) that they will but without seeing a picture of the doorcard its hard to tell + if you get them and offer them up and for some reason they don't fit there's nowt stoppin ya takin them back for a refund :wink:
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 am

They should fit fine. I've bought a set of JBLs and am just waiting for some warmer weather so I can get out and fit them. The door cards in my 2002 Aero are the same design as in my previous 1998 model.
petenbex
Bongonaut

Post by petenbex » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Fitted mine today that I got as a christmas present. Couldn't have done it without you guys so.. Thanks so much. =D>

Pete
[email protected]
Bongonaut

Post by [email protected] » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm

For the front speakers ( just a tip i found today for removing the glue it may help someone) warm the glue with a hair dryer and the speaker will pull away from the pod easily without any effort.....
I have just fitted a new pair of front speakers and i took the front plastic grill off by carefully chiselling off the moulded plastic fasteners at the back of the door panel. When removed your left with a round plastic hole to fit your speaker directly into, just position it where you want it then drill 4 pilot holes then use the screws provided with your speakers and screw them directly into the door card its quite solid plastic behind and it holds them firm, use small nuts and bolts if your worried about them working loose... i just need to find some grommets to plug the 3 small visible holes left from where the plastic grille was...
This enabled me to fit a bigger pair of speakers as it gives you more clearance... i unscrewed the plastic pods and didnt use them at all. the speakers are Pioneer TS A-13-13-I......300 WATTS
billymansell
Bongolier

Post by billymansell » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 pm

For anyone interested in upgrading the front speakers to the JBL GTO628s, they're now £29.99 at Halfords;

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165707
The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
rapiddescent
Bongolier

Post by rapiddescent » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

Just got them for £14.99 in store...
Ford Freda owning mountain biker dude
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:47 am

rapiddescent wrote:Just got them for £14.99 in store...
wow, thats good, think i need some too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”