Russians meetings: 5 years mazdafriendee.ru

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Russians meetings: 5 years mazdafriendee.ru

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

dandywarhol wrote:Aye - but the Delica has a proper 4WD system with high/low ratio and a diff lock
don't care how it works - just love what it does :lol: (except the MPG :( )
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 pm

:lol: It's got the same running gear as the Pajero... "super select 4 wheel drive".
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 am

Doone wrote::lol: It's got the same running gear as the Pajero... "super select 4 wheel drive".

Yes I'd gathered it was basically MPV bodywork mounted on Pajero machinery.

Mmmmmm - nice

Got to admit, if money were no object I'd buy one tomorrow and set off for Africa via Iceland and Mongolia - I love 'em :lol:
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 am

Great video and pics, noticed a white Bongo with some of Cabte's blackdecals on it ?.
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 am

Hi. If you like this pics and video, may be we will meet on 6 year mazdafriendee.ru in Russia? Image 21.02.2011 Image
Many many snow and cold weather i can promise. :D :D :D And some Delica rescue vehicle :D :D :D
Image Image Image

If you do not like cold weather, we can meet in Bulgaria in summer 2011.
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
markkrysaboi

Post by markkrysaboi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 am

Hi. I'm Dmitry from Russia. DemonAV organized a great show 5 years of club Mazdafrende. We have a lot of automobile clubs and friends. Come join us at the show in May. There will be 6 years of club friends www.mikrob.ru. And by the way the video somersaults in my performance. And I almost 40 years. Sorry for bragging.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

markkrysaboi wrote:Hi. I'm Dmitry from Russia. DemonAV organized a great show 5 years of club Mazdafrende. We have a lot of automobile clubs and friends. Come join us at the show in May. There will be 6 years of club friends http://www.mikrob.ru. And by the way the video somersaults in my performance. And I almost 40 years. Sorry for bragging.
Welcome markkrysaboi and great to hear from you. I think its fantastic that thanks to the internet we can talk to people in Russia who also love Bongos.

I watched that somersault and was very impressed. I'm 58 and those days are over for me.

If I could afford the time and fuel I would love to meet up in Russia or Bulgaria. This is one (Bongo) world :D

Mike 8)

PS - I LOVED that Delica though. That is one BAD machine.
markkrysaboi

Post by markkrysaboi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks Mike. I am very happy to talk with people from different regions. I confess that I do not have the machine. My business is auto mechanics. Interestingly repair equipment. And of course make friends with good people.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:34 pm

markkrysaboi wrote:Thanks Mike. I am very happy to talk with people from different regions. I confess that I do not have the machine. My business is auto mechanics. Interestingly repair equipment. And of course make friends with good people.
Same for me. I intended just to buy a cheap campervan, but end up with a new social life. :D

Get yourself a Bongo (or a Delica) and have some fun 8)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi
We're still toying over which vehicle to buy as a run-around....Tony wants a Pajero LWB, and I favour a Delica....just a case of "Same Meat, Different Gravy"....having seen the vast majority as Pajeros over here, I expect it might swing to Tony's choice....HOWEVER, I do like Lada Nivas, and they can perform all sorts of tricks, and there's a good 5 door model over here, and the police use them a lot. Might even think of a Toyota Hilux Surf, but I expect to stay with the Mitsubishi option
We are thinking of a cunning plan for next year...buy one in England, and get someone to bring it over...expenses paid....One BF member has first refusal, depending on time, and available holidays....It's cheaper for us, as any 4x4 sells at a premium rate, and if I was to cough up, the first choice if I had the funds, would be an old Merc G-Wagen....by far the most able vehicle...all diffs lockable, and can drive out of a bowl of greasy porridge, no probs.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi
Thinking Russian Bongos, what do you use to convert the headlights?...is it possible to re-locate the bulb holder on the back of the reflector?, and maybe modify the lens?....I strongly expect that over here, they have to have e-markings, but I got mine sorted locally before the up-to -date regulations got accepted (they're a bit slow here)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Helen. It is Off topic.
Our owners do next: remove headlights from car, disassembly headlights, put special lenses replaced H4 lamp, than assembly headlights and put back in car. And we got beautiful left hand xenon light.
http://www.mikrob.ru/download/file.php?id=69884.jpg
It is easy for new shape Friendee.
Detail photos here http://mikrob.ru/viewtopic.php?p=619143#p619143
For old shape need remove reflector from inner headlights glass.
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi
Thanks Dmitri
I'll do some hunting around before next test
Cheers
Helen

Return to “International”