Freda in NZ

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

stevedon
Bongonaut

Re: Freda in NZ

Post by stevedon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 am

scanner wrote:
moggyNZ wrote:Ours is a 1997 V6 automatic, which may be why the engine parts are different, as I am guessing that the Bongo Friendee doesn't have that engine as a common option for those imported into NZ??? If it is only the engine which is different, it would make other parts easier to source.
It was a grey import from Japan.
Well it will be different from a diesel engined Bongo then, but the same as a V6 petrol Bongo though, the engine is from a Mazda 929 car - not (apparently) a common model anywhere.

This
http://www.algysautos.com/BONGO_TECHNICAL.html
may help to explain further.
I thought this engine was also in the mazda mpv.. there was a engine on trade me for 800 last week
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm

stevedon wrote:hi ive used ultimate mazda in the mount for parts ,regal automotive in tauranga for engineering work and mazda bits in auckland for larger parts ie steering racks.
Small world, the couple who have just borrowed our Bongo are from The Mount :o
http://www.cruisycampers.co.nz/contact_us.php
and we're coming over to borrow one of their Toyotas next January.
stevedon
Bongonaut

Post by stevedon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:14 pm

if you fancy a coffee give me a pm when you get here i live 30 mins from the mount
moggyNZ

Post by moggyNZ » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:21 pm

I seem to have missed most of these replies, but as an update, the bodyshop company that the van is with has managed to locate a replacement roof rather than having to repair it. A slight hiccup with the insurance company but we should have it back this week.

Return to “International”