Bongos Downunder

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

chiefster1976
Bongolier

Re: Bongos Downunder

Post by chiefster1976 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Mike.. Your right.. I think its just because there are not well know here.. Just strarting to filter through, but hey i hear talk of there being a shortage of bongos getting into England these days unless the dealers are just trying to bunk the prices up by saying this! :twisted:
If there is a real shortage i cannot see many entering Australia thats for sure.. hopefully thats not the case and they get bigger here AS the Delicas have done...
I wonder how easy it is to get parts for Delicas here, not ventured on that one yet, but i see them every day driving around..there is sooo many of em!!
I would surely buy a Delica if ONLY it had a pop top..lol.. Your right in the fact mike the delicas are front engined making them cooler in the cab area for sure..AND maybe a possible option for mods like seat turn tables.. 8)
Granted things like drop links are not going to break down all the time, but we just need more options for parts availability, WITHOUT HAVING TO IMPORT THEM...

Maybe something can be arranged with the Bongo shop and major motor factors here in OZ like , REPCO, SUPERCHEAP AUTO, AUTOBARN, PEDDERS??? :wink:
Racing green with extras!!Self build full side conversion which rocks!!!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Bongos Downunder

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm

chiefster1976 wrote:Hi Mike.. Your right.. I think its just because there are not well know here.. Just strarting to filter through, but hey i hear talk of there being a shortage of bongos getting into England these days unless the dealers are just trying to bunk the prices up by saying this! :twisted:
If there is a real shortage i cannot see many entering Australia thats for sure.. hopefully thats not the case and they get bigger here AS the Delicas have done...
I wonder how easy it is to get parts for Delicas here, not ventured on that one yet, but i see them every day driving around..there is sooo many of em!!
I would surely buy a Delica if ONLY it had a pop top..lol.. Your right in the fact mike the delicas are front engined making them cooler in the cab area for sure..AND maybe a possible option for mods like seat turn tables.. 8)
Granted things like drop links are not going to break down all the time, but we just need more options for parts availability, WITHOUT HAVING TO IMPORT THEM...

Maybe something can be arranged with the Bongo shop and major motor factors here in OZ like , REPCO, SUPERCHEAP AUTO, AUTOBARN, PEDDERS??? :wink:
Well in my opinion, a scavenger fan over-ride switch can sort the problem of a warm engine hump. Plus I'm pretty sure the Bongo is much nicer to cruise in on the open road (quieter, smoother, less wander) though this is only from 3rd party rumours I've heard. Also, I'd have thought a 4WD Bongo should be quite adequate unless serious off road is involved. And of course, its not as heavy on juice I believe compared to a Delica. Shortage of good Bongos left at Jap auction may be the limiting factor (UK has snaffled many of them from the best years).

Regarding spares, I think just order from ebay/UK/Ians parts service and/or try and set up a distributorship ub Oz - once (compatible) parts have been ID'd and sourced and a means of transporting them identified, its a shame not to go for repeat business. :roll:

Return to “International”