Bongos Downunder

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

lev8

Bongos Downunder

Post by lev8 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:40 am

There may be only a few Bongos in the land of OZ, but the owners are just as enthusiastic . Happy to help or lend a shoulder to cry on.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Bongos Downunder

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon May 19, 2008 12:53 pm

lev8 wrote:There may be only a few Bongos in the land of OZ, but the owners are just as enthusiastic . Happy to help or lend a shoulder to cry on.
Oooh - send some pics please lev8. Whereabouts downunder are you (as the actress said to the bishop :lol: :lol: )
lev8

Post by lev8 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi,
Not much of interest to see in any pickies, just a vanilla white on silver AFT 4wd. I'm in Sydney. I got her about a month ago and following the advise herein, had the coolant flushed and a set of 7 silicone hoses (from Kieran) fitted, before taking delivery. Then fitted a TM2 and coolant level gauge. Love the driveability and she went like a train on a run to Brisbane and back (2500Km) with 500kg on board. Surprisingly I got about 11l/100km for the run. Quite chuffed.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 pm

She's a great car for the open road doncha think lev8 - chugs all day at reasonable economy, with a great view from up there. I've fitted a scavenger fan over-ride feed/switch to mine (v easy to do) and am hoping this will help keep the engine covers cooler when driving in hot weather (In UK winters they are welcome as heaters of course!). Might be a good mod. for Oz driving?

Any pic would be great, just to see a Bongo in Oz - a novelty to us over here :D
lev8

Post by lev8 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 am

The scavenger fan idea sounds promissing, I can see from your post it is a fairly easy and benign mod, one more thing on the list.

I'll see what I can do about a few pickies
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue May 20, 2008 1:13 pm

lev8 wrote:The scavenger fan idea sounds promissing, I can see from your post it is a fairly easy and benign mod, one more thing on the list.

I'll see what I can do about a few pickies
We'll look forward to that. Happy modding.

Mike 8)
John the sparky

Post by John the sparky » Tue May 20, 2008 8:22 pm

My mate Paul just emigrated to Sydney.....

he's about 5'8" tall with dark hair, you'll have to look out for him :shock:

(sorry, I'll get my coat :oops: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue May 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi
You'll definitely have to post some nice piccies of Oz....There are Bongo Fury members all round the world, and I, for one , would be interested to hear what folks get up to in different countries.....it's what makes life fun!!!
Any good stories of snakes in the "dunny"???....spiders in yer sandals????
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 pm

well mate want a place to enjoy the bongo
got a mate who's been there for 2 years now he keeps send pic from all over
take it easy drive a bongo
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:04 pm

alan you will have to change you location to Wellington, Somerset, UK or people might think your in N.Z.!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
take it easy drive a bongo
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:38 am

Or Shropshire. I'm boared tonight.
kev&caz
Bongonaut

Post by kev&caz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:45 am

Hi all,

Caz and I are in Adelaide Australia at the moment visiting our daughter and grandkids.
We have been here a week and as yet have not spoted one Bongo. So they are very rare over here. We travel up to Sydney in a couple of weeks time I will look out for Bongos when we get there. Then we are going up to Cairns for a week so I will be on the look out for them I where all the surfer dudes hang out so I will post any sightings. :lol: :lol:

G'day

Kev
lev8

Post by lev8 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:19 am

Yes they are very rare, in 9 months and 11,000 km I have yet to see one not in a dealers yard or the internet. BTW there is no surf in Cairns, the surf stops when the great barrier reef begins at Noosa QLD about 2000 km short of Cairns. Beware of sea stingers north of Mackay (deadly), Crocs north of Rockhampton and the surf is extremely dangerous anywhere except on patrolled beaches between the flags. Otherwise have a great holiday and the fishing is geat in Qld (don't forget the crocs) :-)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:08 pm

lev8 wrote:Yes they are very rare, in 9 months and 11,000 km I have yet to see one not in a dealers yard or the internet.
Strange isn't it as you would have though Oz a perfect candidate for them (not far to ship from Japan, RH drive, plenty of open road that suits the Bongo, up top sleeping away from creepy crawlies) :roll:

Return to “International”