Login issue

Stuff about the website, the forum and club administration.

Moderator: Ian

ds8819
Bongonaut

Login issue

Post by ds8819 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi all,

I have restarted my Bongo resurrection which stalled for many reasons since my last attempt in 2019! This time I'm determined to see it through, even though there are even more problems to resolve since last time 🥴

Anyway, I have managed (after a lot of faffing about) to login to the forum on my phone but I just cannot login on my computer (Chromebook). Has anyone any ideas why, and how I can resolve it?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Login issue

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 pm

What does your Chrome book give as the problem or what does it do/not do ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:53 pm

g8dhe wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 pm What does your Chrome book give as the problem or what does it do/not do ?
Chromebook doesn't throw any errors, bf site login page just 'vibrates' reporting that my login details are incorrect, despite entering exactly the same username & password as my phone login, which logs me in without issue.🤔
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:13 pm

Can you cut & paste the Username & Password just to make sure that no odd characters/wrong case are creeping in ?
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 am

g8dhe wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:13 pm Can you cut & paste the Username & Password just to make sure that no odd characters/wrong case are creeping in ?
Yes, I've tried that.

I don't understand why I can login on one platform but not the other using the same credentials.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am

You are logging into the FORUM and not the MEMBERS areas ? They are two different things and have different Usernames and Passwords ?
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 am

g8dhe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am You are logging into the FORUM and not the MEMBERS areas ? They are two different things and have different Usernames and Passwords ?
Ah!🤨 I didn't realize this....I'll check later.
Is there a different landing page for the forums?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:53 am

Well either go to the top and drive down from https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/
or this forum https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/
or the Club pages https://igmaynard.co.uk/join-the-club/
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:19 pm

g8dhe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:53 am Well either go to the top and drive down from https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/
or this forum https://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/
or the Club pages https://igmaynard.co.uk/join-the-club/
Doh! :oops: Thats what the problem was....Thanks for the heads-up.

What I'm looking for now are wiring diagrams so I can fault-find the stuck nroof issue, any pointers?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Ah ha! yes Wiring diagrams are still on my server using Flash which is no longer available :-(
The rest of the Fuse & Lamp info is still available on http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm

However I do still have access to Flash and can post relevant pages up, also Ian thru the shop can still supply PDF's of the original untranslated documents.

Right as to stuck roof problems - see below (if you get to the Beeping stage then electronics are not the problem).

Make sure that;
The engine is running.
The handbrake is on and the brake light on the dash is lit ??
If the brake light isn't coming on, then check the little switch at the back of the handbrake (remove console) on passenger side they get dusty and dirty.

Now press Up the bleeping should start ??
If not then check the fuses (not likely but easy to do).
Else if not clean the switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1SB0xoJOU

If they are OK and its bleeping, then check the rubber seal isn't stuck to the roof with age, run a card around to release it.
If that is OK then operate the Up then Down switch LOTS of times, it might be a dirty switch contacts or it could be corroded motors, by turning the motors even a little bit it might free up the corrosion and let you get the roof up. If so then drop out the motors at the rear and check for corrosion, there is a good Fact sheet if your a member of BongoFury on the process. Otherwise if the roof won't go up still then the is a method of lifting it but its not easy!

What ever you do please don't push on the roof itself, until the sliders are out of the locking shrouds, otherwise you stand a good chance of damaging the seal around the skylight, if the gas struts are tired and need replacing then a little assistance for the last few inches is acceptable.

Finally mechanical things NEED to be used, it causes the oil grease to spread out rather than pool and helps to reduce corrosion. Don't leave things unused for months on end....

http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm/default.htm

Finally if nothing works then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSzghJ2tE0
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:13 pm

David <[email protected]>
18:42 (0 minutes ago)
to me
g8dhe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:58 pm Ah ha! yes Wiring diagrams are still on my server using Flash which is no longer available :-(
The rest of the Fuse & Lamp info is still available on http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm
I can't see any wiring diagrams on this link
However I do still have access to Flash and can post relevant pages up, also Ian thru the shop can still supply PDF's of the original untranslated documents.
Yes, some wiring diagrams will be most helpful. I have documented the wiring colours at the roof switch and at the module at the rear o/s. I wanted to check if there is live supply from the switch at the module. Do you, or anyone else, know what colour wire or pin number I can check if the module is getting the switch live. It's difficult to know what's feeding what without wiring diagrams.

The connector 'out' of the roof module has 4 wires...Black, Blue, Green & Red. I'm presuming that these are feeding the motors ( as a pair)?

I was thinking if I could put power to these connectors directly it would eliminate the module and check motor operation? It might just jolt them into operation as you described by pressing the switch LOTS as you recommended.
Do you know what voltage to apply and which connections (colour pair) I connect the power to? I don't want to apply 12 volts until I know for sure that the motors ARE 12v in case I do harm to the motors by applying the incorrect voltage. I'm assuming that one colour is powered for motor UP and the other wire is for motor DOWN?

if so, I just need to know which pair feed each motor, hence why I need a wiring diagram.

Right as to stuck roof problems - see below (if you get to the Beeping stage then electronics are not the problem).
When I embarked on my 1st resurrection attempt back in 2019 the module was bleeping, but no lift. Now, 2 years later there is no bleeping.
Make sure that;
The engine is running.
Mmmm, I don't remember whether the engine was running or not. Is this a specific criteria? ie. Is there some sort of sensor to detect and confirm that it is running? Or is it just to prevent the battery draining?
The handbrake is on and the brake light on the dash is lit ??
Yes, the brake indicator light illuminates
Now press Up the bleeping should start ??
If not then check the fuses (not likely but easy to do).
I have checked fuse #12 in the fuse board, this is ok. You say "fuses" plural, are there others to check?
Else if not clean the switch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1SB0xoJOU
I have checked the switch operation using my multimeter, I get continuity on open and close and cleaned the electrical connecting pins, i have also cleaned all the connections on the multipin plug connections on the roof module.

However I will clean the contacts as shown on the vid for completeness whilst I have it out.
If they are OK and its bleeping, then check the rubber seal isn't stuck to the roof with age, run a card around to release it.
OK, ill try that. I have used the pressure washer all around the seal as it had lots of moss encrustment.

If that is OK then operate the Up then Down switch LOTS of times, it might be a dirty switch contacts or it could be corroded motors, by turning the motors even a little bit it might free up the corrosion and let you get the roof up.
I have tried this, but as there is no beeping it won't affect the motors will it?
Finally mechanical things NEED to be used, it causes the oil grease to spread out rather than pool and helps to reduce corrosion. Don't leave things unused for months on end....
MONTHS!... its been YEARS!

Many thanks for your patience & guidance.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:26 pm

But you missed answering the VITAL question!
"Now press Up the bleeping should start ??" Did it start bleeping ?

The wiring diagrams don't appear because you don't have Flash installed any longer......

Here is the wiring for the AFT module;
AFT_module.JPG
Here is the computer inside it;
AFT_Computer.JPG
As you will see there are several fuses, use the other tabs on the link I gave at the start!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:05 pm

g8dhe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:26 pm But you missed answering the VITAL question!
"Now press Up the bleeping should start ??" Did it start bleeping ?
Yes I was pressing the switch up, and no there was no bleeping.
Here is the wiring for the AFT module;
AFT_module.JPG

Here is the computer inside it;
AFT_Computer.JPG
Great! Thanks for posting these they will be a good help...once I have fathomed out what is what and try to understand the nomenclature, my japanese is a little rusty these days 😉
As you will see there are several fuses, use the other tabs on the link I gave at the start!
Ahh, I was viewing on my phone, I didn't notice the tabs at the top. Very usefull, thanks.

Do you have other wiring diagrams you could share? I could do with the electrical window/mirror wiring as these are not working either....fuses checked.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Windows here;
Power_windows.JPG
Mirrors here;
remote_controlled_door_mirrors.JPG
You will find little help translating the remaining Japanese all the critical info is already translated!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
ds8819
Bongonaut

Post by ds8819 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:41 pm

g8dhe wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm Windows here;
Power_windows.JPG

Mirrors here;
remote_controlled_door_mirrors.JPG

You will find little help translating the remaining Japanese all the critical info is already translated!
Thank you very much for your fast response and assistance.

Regarding the roof diagrams, I have now studied them and have an appreciation of what's what, however the colour coding on the diagram doesn't concur with the wiring in the van🥴.

Is there a difference dependant upon year or whether petrol or diesel do you know?

Return to “Admin & Club Matters”