Wiring Diagram

Stuff about the website, the forum and club administration.

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

Wiring Diagram

Post by Ian » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Currently there are 2 ways of accessing the wiring manual.

1) Buy a CD from the Bongoland shop (see https://bongoland.co.uk/product/wiring-manual/); or
2) Visit Geoff's website at http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm/ (earlier Bongos only)

The latter method is free of charge but relies on you having the Flash plug-in on your browser. But as everyone is being encouraged to uninstall Flash as it has been deemed unsafe, is there another way that the free version can remain accessible?

One for the IT techies I think.....
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Wiring Diagram

Post by g8dhe » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:30 pm

Yes this hasn't escaped my notice ;-)

The Zoomify package I use for a lot of the functionality which uses Flash has been re-written in HTML5/CSS http://www.zoomify.com/pro.htm :-)
However its not got exactly the same features and a couple of key ones have not been added since it became available (I do have a licensed copy) :-(
In addition the coding of all the data that drives the package has been altered which means making a zillion changes to the existing files :-(
The later versions of the diagrams have also been radically altered, the aspect ratio of the pages and splitting of circuits across the pages have changed a lot, which means its not a case of updating the older files to create the later versions, but a re-work from scratch for the newer diagrams. Which means several months of work alone positioning elements to align everything :-(

Which is why I haven't rushed to make the changes, but it has been on my mind for awhile!

This isn't to say it won't happen, but my enthusiasm has waned a little over the last year despite the fact that it might have been a good project during lock-downs! If anyone else has an excess of enthusiasm for a new project by all means shout and I'll be quite happy to assist/guide/mentor them in what's required.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:23 am

It doesn't sound like it's worth the effort to re-jig every diagram, especially when it only covers "old" shape Bongos. I have the originals, we have the whole lot on CD, and each page has been scanned as a jpg image file. At some point I will make them available for download free of charge......another lockdown project perhaps?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
cbeeson
Bongonaut

Post by cbeeson » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Adobe are saying they will be blocking content using Flash from running in browsers and desktops. Does this imply that, even if I've not deleted Flash, I will still not be able to access the circuit diagrams?
Chris, with Arfur Bongo
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Just don't uninstall Flash, and preferably use a browser other than Chrome, as Google are leading the "kill Flash" campaign and are likely to block it.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
gilly99
Bongonaut

Post by gilly99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi, recently updated my PC and lost adobe flash and hence access to the detailed circuit wiring diagrams.

Used this website to install a stand-alone "portable" older version of Firefox that still has Flash installed. Works great.
https://archive.org/details/Firefox_Chrome_Adobe_Flash
4wd diesel, 1999 ex tintop with lowline raising roof
Keep a cool head, black ball game.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Well spotted! I've been using the UCBrowser version which is I suspect very similar, but will link to your message on the Flash Wiring pages as well!
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Admin & Club Matters”