Save our local shops.....and Bongo Fury

Stuff about the website, the forum and club administration.

Moderator: Ian

fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Re: Save our local shops.....and Bongo Fury

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm

I appreciate the comments. My bongo is doing quite well on cooking oil and so I am using less diesel. I run a 23 year old vehicle because the manufacture of a car is the most polluting aspect of having a vehicle.
I have just bought an e bike to do my local shopping. I am questioning every aspect of my daily living. If you go on the various e bike forums the message is being told over and over again leave the car at home. Use an e bike.
Yours Ian G.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:54 pm

fatcatlawyer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm I appreciate the comments. My bongo is doing quite well on cooking oil and so I am using less diesel. I run a 23 year old vehicle because the manufacture of a car is the most polluting aspect of having a vehicle.
I have just bought an e bike to do my local shopping. I am questioning every aspect of my daily living. If you go on the various e bike forums the message is being told over and over again leave the car at home. Use an e bike.
Yours Ian G.
As a direct result of buying a (fuel guzzling on short trips) Bongo, i discovered and bought an e-bike. That was 12 years ago and i've had one ever since. So, really, and though it wasnt a planned thing, i did the environment a big favour by buying (and keeping) an inefficient car (though is it, when i consider all the other ways it has saved energy). Lifes funny like that. 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Agree with your comments on not using a car for short journeys, and Bongy provides all our holiday needs.

We don't fly round the world any more, and don't stay in overheated/over air-conned hotels, meals cooked for ourselves with no waste, walking or bus to local pubs/attractions... 8)
KMH
Bongonaut

Post by KMH » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Long live Bongo Fury! I can't remember the last time I posted on the forum, and I certainly don't look at it as much as I used to. It was indispensable when I was looking to buy, and in the early days of ownership, but now the Bongo and I have settled into life together and it is trouble free at the moment (!!). I view it now as the home to come to if I have a problem or need information, and my membership fee is worth every penny, but I am guilty of not contributing to the community.
I am a member of a FB bongo group, and the quality of help and knowledge is not nearly so high as here. There's a lot of guff, and a lot of repeated questions because of the lack of a database of information; you can search for things but I think that FB makes you lazy - why search when you can just ask? I fairly regularly think I'll remove myself, but haven't yet - I never think that about Bongo Fury!
I suspect that I am not alone, that there are many of us who value the forum, but are very quiet. Thank you to you all who keep the posts coming - the rest of us are grateful!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Great to hear that though the faithful may be silent, they are still here. I do FB also - it catches me as it puts all my various FB activities into one notifications stream. But, like others have said, its not loyalty inspiring like BF :wink:

Return to “Admin & Club Matters”