Our last trip

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Our last trip

Post by fatcatlawyer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi, wifey and I have just gotten our caming and other gear finally sorted so I thought i would give a short report. Well it was the bestest holiday we have ever had in our bongo and covered an awful lot of miles.
It started with a week end babysitting for the mayor of Stratford upon Avon (our daughter) and went on on the 4th June. We used the tunnel and found ourselves in france. Full tank of cooking oil enough to get us to Luxemburg on our way to Switzerland. Wifey asked why we were going south and i told her that was the route then she told me it was Sweden not Switzerland that she wanted to go to!. A minor issue and we therefore we continued our way.

We spent three days in that country but formed the consensus that Switzerland was not to our liking.A decision was taken to traverse the Furka pass and the St.Bernards pass and enter southern France. Because it was so hot hot hot we over the course of about five days crossed to the vendee and then north to Brittany. Ultimately following the coast back to Calais and home. Altogether being abroad for 28 days one wet day two manky days three too hot days but altold a brilliant time. The joy of being retired and having a bongo.
One place to stay in Switzerland i would recomend would be the bike factory at Hutwill.free with water toilet disposal and wifi. Super.

Bongo issues were limited to a need to change fuel filters and reconect vaccume pipe off the cruise control. Great time and i am now thinking about next year
Yours FCL
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Our last trip

Post by Bob » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Now that sounds very good indeed.

One's wife can easily muddle up the 'S' countries. :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 am

We found Switzerland very expensive, perhaps no surprise, but nevertheless one to tick off the 'list'.

Any photos - and, more importantly, how much cheese did you bring back? :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Bob wrote:Now that sounds very good indeed.

One's wife can easily muddle up the 'S' countries. :lol:
Great sounding trip FCL and great to know youre still happily Bongoing - it's been some years now (and a lot of veggie oil for fuel with no ill effects by the sound of it?).

Ignore my friend Ben (aka Bob). He's been at it with the Weed again - always can rely on him to put the pot in Flowerpot :lol:
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:18 pm

No photos available sorry, Switzerland expensive yes. 40 euros a night! I did my researches before we went hence the hutwil mention. The aires in France were all found courtesy of vicarious books. Super stop over at ski resort les Saisies. Town a ghost town! Clean toilets a d for two euro water and disposal point. Nearest breadshop - Albertville 20 k away. Altitude sickness set in after two nights.

Fantastic sunsets though.

Yours Fcl
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Sounds fun. Must have been worth it for the smorgasbord....

Return to “Going Abroad”