Hi Viz Germany

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Hi Viz Germany

Post by mikexgough » Wed May 14, 2014 6:37 am

I know most will have Hi Viz waistcoats when travelling the EU and through France of course ...But....
As of July 2014, in Germany,Reflective Jackets are compulsory as already in force in other European countries apart from 30 years behind Blighty.
Moreover, it is compulsory for all passengers to wear fluorescent jackets when getting out on the roadside .
Like France the vest needs to be close by in the glovebox,underseats(if you can) etc so that you can put on before exiting the vehicle.
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
jone_it

Re: Hi Viz Germany

Post by jone_it » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:28 am

> the vest needs to be close by in the glovebox,underseats

Can be anywhere in Bongo as every area is accessible from passenger space... :-) I usually don't mind to push it wherever convenient into box with other motor-stuff. Who cares about time to pull it out when needed if chances to break down though not zero but still slim?
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:35 pm

It's a good idea to have them close to hand in the vehicle
In case you have to make a quick exit in the dark
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
jone_it

Post by jone_it » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Gasy wrote:quick exit in the dark
On a motorway / autobahn?! Then it should never be 'quick' in the first place, even in daytime. And I'm assuming we don't talk about accidents requiring emergency exit. Because if we do, then I'm still after seeing representative stats on how often people bother about add-on safety measures when they have to exit a burning car and flee before it blows up.

Return to “Going Abroad”