German Road Tolls 2016

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

mikexgough
Supreme Being

German Road Tolls 2016

Post by mikexgough » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Looks like from 2016..... Foreign drivers will pay to use German roads... :roll: [-X [-X nothing is set in stone yet but with the minister willing to apply a lower Road fund duty in Germany for homeland drivers...so ALL pay tolls ..then it's unlikely to go away... Word is it will be a vignette not like the French Toll system...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Re: German Road Tolls 2016

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Following up on this...... it's been announced by the German transport minister....and will go ahead pending approval from the EU.... German drivers will need to pay an annual viginette and visitors....like us will pay €10 for 10 days just like in Austria

It is said that the Benelux countries are expected to follow suit if the EU rubber stamp this...... UK next?

scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:02 pm

mikexgough wrote:Following up on this...... it's been announced by the German transport minister....and will go ahead pending approval from the EU.... German drivers will need to pay an annual viginette and visitors....like us will pay €10 for 10 days just like in Austria

It is said that the Benelux countries are expected to follow suit if the EU rubber stamp this...... UK next?
It's already here for trucks - just need to make them fit headlamp beam deflectors now. :roll:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:52 am

Hi
Of course foreigners should pay to use another country's roads...The UK should apply the same ruling. It will help to pay for increased wear, extra policing, extra signage , wear on road markings, traffic planners, traffic lights...oh, it's an endless list.
Really....when you consider it,there's not a huge difference in the cost of a holiday....or you could go more than once and get good value out of your vignette :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Update.....

Foreigner toll to hit motorways only

http://www.thelocal.de/20141020/foreign ... rways-only

jone_it

Post by jone_it » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:03 am

He-he. Germany-Austrian border districts will cry the first, I believe. Austria already has it, Germany will too. Same language means same "foreign" people wandering here and there around all the time. Similar situation is for Austria-Hungary border but no, no remotely similar language, thus only tourists like me were losing money on travelling through this route chains. Now G.-A. locals will receive the hit in full. I'm buying my popcorn to see when this show eventually settle to something more sane than "one country - one vignette" nonsense. Maybe, EU will finally come to play for proper unification law with human face, then I'll have my another chance to applaud them.

Return to “Going Abroad”