Another successful continental trip

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

technophobe
Tribal Elder

Another successful continental trip

Post by technophobe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Just back after nearly five weeks in France. Never a splutter cough or wheeze. Our eighth annual continental outing. Stayed on good campsites all the time varying in price from 30 euros a night, high season with family on coast by Bordeaux, to 7.61 euros a night at a municipal site in St Hilaire du Harcourt.

In all we covered 1608 miles on 232.53 litre giving an average mpg of 31.39. Not bad we think especially as we have the aircon going full blast most of the time.

With regret, and much soul searching we have decided that, as we have not had many outings this year and do not think we will be able to do so for a good six months, our Bongo needs to be sold and go to someone who will use it as it should be used and value it as we have.
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Another successful continental trip

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Sorry to hear you are considering selling after many years of Bongoing. Richard, I remember you celebrating your 80th birthday on the Poland trip and I have to say you are an inspiration to many people a lot younger who probably don't have half as much of an active life as you do.
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks for your comments Simon. We actually celebrated my 70th in Poland. I remember well sitting on the campsite and watching with wonder as the Bongo convoy came in. Hard to realise that that was five years ago. Yes decision made info already to Ian for the Bongo for Sale bit. All the same we have had eight years of glorious motoring and camping and have benefited from the advice and knowledge of so many members, and of course Ian & Co
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to add ten years to your age :oops:. It's good that you've had so many years of pleasure and reliable service from your Bongo. You must have covered a fair few thousand miles in that time in all your trips around Europe. All the best for your future plans.

Return to “Going Abroad”