Irish Bongo Bash 2018: County Down

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Irish Bongo Bash 2018: County Down

Post by Ian » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 am

If there is enough interest there will be an Irish Bash over the bank holiday weekend of 25th May 2018 at Castlewellan Country Park County Down. The cost is £20 per night including hook-up. Details about the park at https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/ca ... park#toc-3. There is further information and reviews on the UK Campsite website at http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/detai ... revid=8388

We will not be taking bookings centrally for this event; instead we ask people to book themselves direct with the site. It is difficult to get hold of anyone at the site, but phone seems to be the best way in the afternoon on 028-4377-8664.

The date of this meeting has been arranged so that people can leave the Scottish Bash in Dumfries & Galloway the previous weekend and get the ferry over to Larne.

If you are interested post on here so we can gauge numbers.

UPDATE 23/01/18: THIS MEETING WILL GO AHEAD. BOOKINGS SHOULD NOW BE MADE DIRECT WITH BONGO MISSION CONTROL ALTHOUGH THE MEETING IS NOT RESTRICTED TO CLUB MEMBERS. BOOKING FROM THURSDAY 8TH MARCH. See further down this thread or the members area on the main website for more info
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Alkers
Bongolier

Re: Irish Bongo Bash 2018: County Down

Post by Alkers » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:53 pm

I'll try and make it up from Dublin!
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:37 am

Hello Ian
I'm also expecting to get to this event if only to see a number of bongos parked up together [-o<
Brian
Steve O'Bongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Steve O'Bongo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Myself and Deborah will be attending, coming all the way down from Larne. Will be nice to see how many Bongos there are in NI. Enough to start a NI branch or do we already have one? 🤔
TheNewRooster
Junior Bongonaut

Post by TheNewRooster » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm off to Dublin next week, taking Dawn for her Birthday. I love Ireland and would love to attend a bash there, but the ferry is stupidly expensive.
Is there anyway you could by a block number of bookings Ian like Caravan club do to make a bit yourself, but off a cheaper crossing?
I'm Back.... A little older, wiser and a lot calmer.
AlanGeeK
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by AlanGeeK » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 am

I hope to go as well and I too am heading down from Larne.
AlanGeeK
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by AlanGeeK » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:33 pm

I've been told by a friend who goes to Castlewellan often that there is only a part-time ranger there, but that you can book through Tollymore which has a full-time ranger, or he might be able to tell you how to contact the Castlewellan Ranger.
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/co ... orest-park

Apparently Castlewellan's main site is getting work done next year. My friend tells me if you have awnings quite often the pitches have hollows beside them and it gets wet. The main site has EHU If we were in as a group we'd be in a green field site which is really nice but has no EHU.

I haven't booked yet as I'm still testing out my Bongo and haven't yet attempted a test overnighter.
troutman
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by troutman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 pm

Im in co londonderry i will be there
llitvack
Bongolier

Post by llitvack » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:53 pm

We will be there!
Good wishes from Leon
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 pm

I've finally managed to speak to the Ranger (Paul) at Castlewellan and he is happy to have us over the spring bank holiday weekend as long as people book a minimum of 2 nights. All pitches are on hard standing with grass surround and have electric hook-up. We have booked 20 pitches; any unused pitches will be returned at the beginning of May for resale to the general public. The cost is £20 per night and there is a £2 admin supplement if not a paid up member of Bongo Fury.

There has been a change in the booking arrangements. You should NOT book direct with the site. Instead all bookings must be made through us, here at the club, although you should note that this meeting will also be advertised on Facebook and elsewhere and is not restricted to Bongo Fury club members.

We will start taking bookings on Thursday 8th March by telephone only on 0114-2550836. Full payment must be made upfront, although you can cancel without penalty any time up to Thursday 3rd May at 4.00pm.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”