Who's planning what?

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Who's planning what?

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Splendid, yes - Bongo wise we're just back from Wonderwool at the Royal Welsh Showground.

I'm told the show was brilliant and I took a bike and walking boots. :D
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves all be it in different ways lol
See you both hopefully soon
Caz x
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon May 01, 2017 10:13 am

cazzyblues wrote:Next on my list is Basingstoke Canal Centre Mytchett Surrey next weekend. I am arriving Friday late afternoon and there until Sunday afternoon ish.
9 booked and more potentials. Click link if you are interested. One of us is booked in from Thursday and one or two just for the Saturday.

Telephone the canal office to book. No EHU so only £11 per night. Cafe on site, boat trips, canal walks etc.
http://www3.hants.gov.uk/basingstoke-canal/campsite.htm
Aha! A Bongo meet up I may be able to get to!
It would be our first, all the others are always miles away and at the moment what with everything going on we are only able to get out for the "odd" weekend. So this will be right up our street.
Look forward to meeting up and putting a few faces to avatars.
Mines The Riddler quite a common one :?
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Bongolia pls get your own avatar
You just look daft copying mine
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Gasy wrote:Bongolia pls get your own avatar
You just look daft copying mine
Wish I could M8! :(
A dark and mysterious art avatars are. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon May 01, 2017 4:58 pm

That's why a friend's 13 year old daughter did mine.

She'll be all grown up now.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Tue May 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Bongolia wrote:
cazzyblues wrote:Next on my list is Basingstoke Canal Centre Mytchett Surrey next weekend. I am arriving Friday late afternoon and there until Sunday afternoon ish.
9 booked and more potentials. Click link if you are interested. One of us is booked in from Thursday and one or two just for the Saturday.

Telephone the canal office to book. No EHU so only £11 per night. Cafe on site, boat trips, canal walks etc.
It would be our first, all the others are always miles away and at the moment what with everything going on we are only able to get out for the "odd" weekend. So this will be right up our street.
Hi ya , Thats great, it will be a good meet I think. Fingers crossed for weather but hopeful. See you there. I will be in the minty coloured Bongo. Hence Cazzyblues and Minty haha
Cazzy
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 pm

So long as today's MOT goes OK 8-[ then We'll be in Woolacombe on Friday evening after work.....hoping for good weather.

Jane
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sat May 06, 2017 5:51 pm

cazzyblues wrote:
Bongolia wrote:

Hi ya , Thats great, it will be a good meet I think. Fingers crossed for weather but hopeful. See you there. I will be in the minty coloured Bongo. Hence Cazzyblues and Minty haha
Well house sale and retirement got in the way but we could get down for a heads up on Sunday AM.
Will you lot have been and gone by then ?
Weather has been good hasnt it!
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sun May 07, 2017 1:51 pm

So we set out at 10.00 ish and the sat nav took us to Stains so reprogram and back down M3 to find J2 to J3 closed. Diversion took us to Woking and sat nav doing its best to get us back on the M3.
Now sat in traffic on 308.
Time 1.45!!!
I do like a day out.
Edit.
Well thats another Bongo meet we didnt get to!
Looking at the traffic we decided that most likely all had left by now or at the pub So we have opted for an afternoon at Lightwater Country Parkhttps://goo.gl/photos/vmLqZAsuwBzZbnMx8
Sod it!!
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Sun May 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Oh dear what a shame. Yes we all had to vacate site by 12. What a mess up with your sat nav. Should have been straightforward as long as you know it was the Canal Centre at Mytchett so not in Basingstoke at all. Probably sat nav on the right track if you got to Woking then I would think head for Camberley then Mytchett . At least you found somewhere else. Better luck next time.
Cazzy
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sun May 07, 2017 3:58 pm

cazzyblues wrote:Oh dear what a shame. Yes we all had to vacate site by 12. What a mess up with your sat nav. Should have been straightforward as long as you know it was the Canal Centre at Mytchett so not in Basingstoke at all. Probably sat nav on the right track if you got to Woking then I would think head for Camberley then Mytchett . At least you found somewhere else. Better luck next time.
Well its a new (secindhandmedown) phone and there must be something wrong with the GPS. When we put o the post code GU16 ^ whatever it came back with "no route found" so we entered the name of the road and it found it in Surrey but then it sent us to Staines!!
Didnt tumble until we saw mileage to destination 185mls heaven knows where it was going location selected still showed Wytchett Park Road.
So used the wifes phone then we hit the traffic due to the lane closure on M£. So stuck in Lightwater and went there instead.
Back home know and skip filling, uprising how much old junk you accumulate when you have lived in the same house for 30 years.
Hope the meet went well the weather was good for it.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 am

Bongolia wrote:
cazzyblues wrote:Oh dear what a shame. Yes we all had to vacate site by 12. What a mess up with your sat nav. Should have been straightforward as long as you know it was the Canal Centre at Mytchett so not in Basingstoke at all. Probably sat nav on the right track if you got to Woking then I would think head for Camberley then Mytchett . At least you found somewhere else. Better luck next time.
Well its a new (secindhandmedown) phone and there must be something wrong with the GPS. When we put o the post code GU16 ^ whatever it came back with "no route found" so we entered the name of the road and it found it in Surrey but then it sent us to Staines!!
Didnt tumble until we saw mileage to destination 185mls heaven knows where it was going location selected still showed Wytchett Park Road.
So used the wifes phone then we hit the traffic due to the lane closure on M£. So stuck in Lightwater and went there instead.
Back home know and skip filling, uprising how much old junk you accumulate when you have lived in the same house for 30 years.
Hope the meet went well the weather was good for it.
Oh dear, my sat nav is old ish and takes me weird routes but not as bad as your phone lol. Mine is a map update problem as I would have to pay for that so instead I have ordered a new one with life time updates so hopefully I will have no weird routes or take the left turning at the roundabout when there is no roundabout. hahaha Fingers crossed you can make it next time if and when. It was a lovely spot and I have had positive feedback via facebook . It was a bit cold at times especially Friday night but all in all a great weekend thanks.
Cazzy

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”