Bongo Travels Section

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Yan
Bongonaut

Bongo Travels Section

Post by Yan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi,

I don't know about anyone else, but I often want to read about where people go and how they use their Bongo's. The trips are too hard to find amongst all the meet up threads.

Would it be better to have this as Meet Up's Only and then have a new section for Bongo Travels, so we can just read about where people go in their Bongo's? Why cram 2 different topics into one (it's not Facebook :))?

e.g. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and looking at the pics in the Muz post about travelling Iberia (please go somewhere new and tell me about it lol), but only just realised that there was another from his Scottish trip as it was buried in meet up threads. I'm sure there's more gold in here I've just got to pan my way through.

The travel aspect is the essence of the Bongo so it should be celebrated with it's own topic.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Travels Section

Post by Bongolia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 pm

I would second that. :D
Fantastic mileage on Muz`s van too. Just goes to show the benefits of a regular service.
Of course I am assuming Muz does have it regularly serviced. :)
Yan wrote:Hi,

I don't know about anyone else, but I often want to read about where people go and how they use their Bongo's. The trips are too hard to find amongst all the meet up threads.

Would it be better to have this as Meet Up's Only and then have a new section for Bongo Travels, so we can just read about where people go in their Bongo's? Why cram 2 different topics into one (it's not Facebook :))?

e.g. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and looking at the pics in the Muz post about travelling Iberia (please go somewhere new and tell me about it lol), but only just realised that there was another from his Scottish trip as it was buried in meet up threads. I'm sure there's more gold in here I've just got to pan my way through.

The travel aspect is the essence of the Bongo so it should be celebrated with it's own topic.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
that.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Yes, on all counts anything that you hope to find and enjoy reading again is better put on here than on Facebook from my experience with FB so far. Wish we could steer people more to using this site as its a much better investment when there's something worthwhile to say. A bongo travels section sounds a great idea, and I wonder if the mods would be able to move some of the famous old threads over to it if so, if they had time and energy to do it :roll:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:09 pm

In the back of my mind I've an idea 'Meeting Up' and 'Bongo Tales' were separate, long, long, ago, on a planet...

I seem to recal they were put in the one place, but (of course :roll: ) I have no recollection why. :oops:

I also love to read of Bongo Adventures. 8)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:51 pm

You could always visit the "Bongo Tales" section on the main website:

http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo-tales/
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 am

Ian wrote:You could always visit the "Bongo Tales" section on the main website:

http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo-tales/
Wot no Muz. Booooooo. But seriously, well flagged =D>
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 am

Yan
Bongonaut

Post by Yan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks Muz, wow that's a lot of trips!! looks I've got a lot of reading to do :)

What mileage are you up too now? Thanks for the tip on the sorting buttons (hadn't realised they were there)!

Bongo Tales is a great section, but it looks like it takes a lot more effort for Ian to administer. I think people are more inclined to share if they use the forum.

These travels don't need to be epic adventures all the time, just simple weekends/days away are all good sources of inspiration.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Just over 380,000 at the moment, but it's not getting used anywhere near as much as it used to.

Alternatively - just so use the "search" button for "Muz" and "bonkers" and you'll probably get the same results :lol:
Yan
Bongonaut

Post by Yan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Just over 380,000 at the moment, but it's not getting used anywhere near as much as it used to.

Alternatively - just so use the "search" button for "Muz" and "bonkers" and you'll probably get the same results :lol:
Haha!

Actually the word "Spam" is very effective to find your posts :lol:

380,000!!!! OMG. Your bongo has served you well.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”