Tan Hill Inn

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Tan Hill Inn

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Diane wrote:Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects plus a few more tomorrow :) I'm bringing the freebie that came with my bongo - some of you know her :lol: . Brian - are you ringing ahead to pre-warn them of our need for beer and food?

Cheers
Di
Ha ha Mad Maude and Dotty Di.........wotta pair :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Sadly I will have to give this one a miss. We have been iced up for the past week in the Scottish Borders and we have had the builders in finishing off our kitchen, so I have not got the motorhome ready for the trip. Don't really fancy doing over 100 miles of iced up twisting country roads without proper winter tyres.

Have a great time and see you all next year.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:48 pm

great to see the few brave bongo peeps who were there when i arrived in my mid life crisis car.
good to find amanda and di on deckchairs seeking the last rays of a fantastic sunset in the middle of nowhere drinking prosecco, thats what lifes all about. =D> =D> . shame i arrived 5.5 seconds after they stopped serving food, but hey, thats my fault.

great to see you again guys.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:57 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:great to see the few brave bongo peeps who were there when i arrived in my mid life crisis car.
good to find amanda and di on deckchairs seeking the last rays of a fantastic sunset in the middle of nowhere drinking prosecco, thats what lifes all about. =D> =D> . shame i arrived 5.5 seconds after they stopped serving food, but hey, thats my fault.

great to see you again guys.
Have you got a towbar fitted yet??
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

no brian they dont make one for this. (not the actual car but very similar.)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=honda ... rrGBfiM%3A
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:51 am

Good weekend again up there. As Muz said in another post bit of a cock up by the staff who didn't seem to know what they were doing in some cases.
Chris has seen a post on another forum somewhere where the new landlord is apologising for last weekend saying they need to get their act together in the future so perhaps things will be OK if we visit again.

Bert n Ernie

The pub

Magical sunset

Convoy to the cheese factory for brekky after the pub didn't want to know.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:43 pm

briwy wrote: Image
Convoy to the cheese factory for brekky after the pub didn't want to know.
Yes - if you're in the area, the Full English breakfast bap at the Wensleydale Creamery in Hawes is to be heartily recommended. Plus it's an excuse to drive over the Butter Tubs pass, as if you really needed one...

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:15 pm

But, but, BUT I thought the WHOLE point about the Tan Hill was that they ALWAYS did a cooked breakfast. Can't imagine how they cocked that up!

That breakfast bap looks good though slurp slobber.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:But, but, BUT I thought the WHOLE point about the Tan Hill was that they ALWAYS did a cooked breakfast. Can't imagine how they cocked that up!
Indeed Mike. But the hotel rooms were all full meaning they were stemmed out with their breakfasts, meaning we were offered a bacon or sausage butty at best for a fiver. So we voted with our feet and went somewhere where they were more keen to serve us.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:But, but, BUT I thought the WHOLE point about the Tan Hill was that they ALWAYS did a cooked breakfast. Can't imagine how they cocked that up!
Indeed Mike. But the hotel rooms were all full meaning they were stemmed out with their breakfasts, meaning we were offered a bacon or sausage butty at best for a fiver. So we voted with our feet and went somewhere where they were more keen to serve us.
Sounds like Tan Hill is 'overdiscovered'. So, in true Bongo tradition, it sounds like its time for the Bongo Tribe to put somewhere new on the map. Which it sounds like you're hatching a plan for anyway, just across the border into God's Own Country ;-)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Beautiful photos Brian. Well done. And lovely doggies!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”