Vanfest 2017

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Vanfest 2017

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:24 am

Vanfest has been running for many years and was originally for VW T2 vans. But it has now expanded and the organisers want to know if we want to get involved.

Please look at the website: www.vanfest.org or the FaceBook group: https://www.facebook.com/VANFESTUK for further information. It will be held over the end of May bank holiday 26th to 28th May at Malvern. I have asked if electric hook ups will be available and they said they were not generally available but arrangements could be made based on numbers.

It's a bit close to the Bongo Bash, but I thought I would gauge interest. Post here if you think you will want to go.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Vanfest 2017

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 am

Very kind offer, appreciated. =D>
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:50 pm

I kind of like the idea of mingling with other kinds of vans (and their owners), but it looks pretty expensive :shock:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Agree, I saw the cost after I posted. :shock:

I guess its pitched at wealthy VW owners rather than us poor types. :?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Bob wrote:Agree, I saw the cost after I posted. :shock:

I guess its pitched at wealthy VW owners rather than us poor types. :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Ian wrote:Vanfest has been running for many years and was originally for VW T2 vans. But it has now expanded and the organisers want to know if we want to get involved.

Please look at the website: http://www.vanfest.org or the FaceBook group: https://www.facebook.com/VANFESTUK for further information. It will be held over the end of May bank holiday 26th to 28th May at Malvern. I have asked if electric hook ups will be available and they said they were not generally available but arrangements could be made based on numbers.

It's a bit close to the Bongo Bash, but I thought I would gauge interest. Post here if you think you will want to go.
I noticed this on their website, for 2016 booking and wondered if BF members could be extended a similar offer:
If you are a current paid up member of the Volkswagen Type 2 Owners Club then you are not required to pay the Camping Unit fee at either of the Vanfest or Busfest events. (Note; This is restricted to 1 vehicle per membership).
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 pm

At Stourport? :lol: :lol: :lol:
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:43 am

Like the idea but can't commit to it just yet. :D
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 am

Would that be £30 plus £20? Ie camping adult plus camping unit.

Our exhibiting at Simply Japanese was great fun, but I had no interest in any other vehicles! I just loved the interest that was given to us. All the other exhibitors jumped out of their cars and polished their cars, and engines! Bongonauts: we got the kettle, chairs and tables out and had a picnic!

If we went as exhibitors and stayed together I may be interested, depending also on the cost.

If exhibiting, they do not like you to come and go, for obvious reasons.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:30 pm

I think the veedub brigade may be starting to shift uncomfortably in their cabs at the arrival of a new classic that is highly affordable and rather better featured than an old veedub. I could of course be QUITE wrong about this but..... :lol:

I like the idea of Bongos being invited as exhibitors :D
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am

Hi
The invitation is possibly out of interest, Mike...and VW owners are not as catty in comments about other vehicles as I've seen from some Bongo quarters...They both have their attributes, and are handy in their own way...I loved my Type 2 to bits, and once I had restored it, it was hyper-reliable. I've had other VW cars in the "classic" category...great vehicles...
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”