Scottish Bongo Bash 2017

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Scottish Bongo Bash 2017

Post by Ian » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

I have emailed them twice (no reply), written to them (no reply), phoned them twice (someone will get back to you), but now I have lost patience with them. If they can't be bothered, we won't give them our business.

So unless someone wants to arrange an alternative, there will be no Scottish Bash this year.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
MissBerylBongoTattoo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MissBerylBongoTattoo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello Bongo family members, I am a new and first time Bongo Owner based in Edinburgh. I've only had my Miss Beryl Bongo for 11 days and so overwhelmingly excited at getting to know her. Already she is such fun and an absolute joy. I thought I would take this opportunity to say hello and introduce ourselves and also make a suggestion for the Scottish Bongo Bash 2017 - Hows about Perth & Kinross such as 'Blair Castle Caravan Park? or anywhere near St Andrews with a convoy via East Neuk?, Cambo Estate in Kingsbarns is one of my favourite places to visit but I don't think they are set up to cater for our Bongos. Wherever we end up Miss Beryl Bongo and myself - Miss 'Victory Rolls' Tattoo :lol: are just looking forward to meeting you all for adventures.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 am

Welcome aboard. :D

Just don't try victory rolls in your Bongo. :wink:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:48 am

We were last in Fife in 2011 when we were at Ellie Holiday Park. Some of us did the chain walk when we where there so it was a good meeting. Last years Bash near Dunbar was a bit too close to home for me and not my type of campsite. Our meets only really work when we are able to all pitch together, the 2015 bash at Lossiemouth was not to my liking as we were spread all over a massive campsite which had a very poor WiFi service, which upset my partner.

Perhaps it is time to look at Fife again (no midges). If the meeting at Wanlockhead Inn on 11th & 12th March 2017 goes ahead then perhaps we will be able to come to a decision amongst ourselves about where we are going to end up. Notice of this meet has also been posted on the Bongo Owners Scotland Facebook page.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
kentait
Bongonaut

Post by kentait » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:46 am

our bongo, needs some serious money spent on it. we are still debating what to do, it's doubtful it will be on the road for 11/12th march.
regards, ken tait
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:29 am

Sorry to hear that Ken.

Well the meeting at Wanlockhead is definitely going ahead in a fortnight, by the look of it there will be a good turnout. In the snow.... #-o

We're planning to give the Inn our custom in their restaurant/bar but from the many poor reviews published on several online sites, I'd advise people to have a backup plan (Spam, Pot Noodle etc) as you may be needing it! :twisted:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Giving the inn plenty of custom will be a bit difficult for me given the fact that I am a lone driver and the Scottish drink / drive limit is only half that of England should the meet be for Saturday night only as it would appear to be the plan.

The Scottish way of getting around this problem these day is to do the heavy drinking on a Friday night with lighter or no drinking on the Saturday night. Unless of course you can get Monday off work if working.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 am

Agree totally Tony, the amount of people I've heard of getting breathalised the next morning and failing or being a borderline pass, thru drinking the previous evening has made me impose an 8pm drinking curfew if I'm driving the next morning.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
MissBerylBongoTattoo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by MissBerylBongoTattoo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Bob wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

Just don't try victory rolls in your Bongo. :wink:
Thank you Bob, I will bear that in mind :lol:

Has there been any developments on the Scottish bash yet??

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”