North West Autumn Bash & Beer/Cider festival 2015

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: North West Autumn Bash & Beer/Cider festival 2015

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:03 pm

what a great relaxing weekend, a good site, a gentle ramble to the beer festival to sample the 30 or so beers/ciders, then a meander home to an indian take out meal back at the site sorted by harry and karena.

it doesnt get much better.

thanks for another great silverdale meet harry and to all who went.

we are going to have to get a better rug for the middle of the marquee for next time. :)
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Good pics as always Muz. =D>
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote: we are going to have to get a better rug for the middle of the marquee for next time. :)
And it's put me off any white coloured food dips for a while :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to H for another great Silverdale meet, (starting to get like the meets of old!! ) and for all the running around for peeps that you did, your a star.
And thanks to all the crew who make these meets what they are
=D> =D> =D>
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Great meet,great place and great company.
Nice to see new faces with the regulars,and to see faces Ive not seen for some time.
Good weather was a bonus,with a superb sunset on Sat night
Well done Harry for organising and hope its going to be a regular event like it used to be,but I aint going to be on me todd in the woods next time [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Billy no mates :shock:
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:37 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
diamond wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Well done Harry for a great weekend, Nice to see some new face's showing up as well as the hardcore! here's to next year roll on. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2nd that. Great to see faces old and new. We should have brought the Bongo and stopped overnight hey ho - perfect Autumn weather in a beautiful landscape. Big apologies to Di for not recognising her with her new hair colour #-o which really suits her :-). Sorry to have missed you Brian. See you all next year. Mike and Trish and Lexi the dog (who enjoyed playing with doggie friends old and new). Xx
Which one?? :lol: :lol:

Didnt even know you were there Mike,no one told me.
Friday night we were all squashed in the marquee like sardines,so,as more were going to be in on the Saturday,I never bothered going till 10.30pm when I took Charlie for his last dump. If Ide known you were there I would have come to say hello.

Billy
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
wilnx005
Bongonaut

Post by wilnx005 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks for a great weekend Harry and letting us join so late, the back drop to the site was just breath taking - A really beautiful site!
I had to let the better half drive home though - my head is still sore from both the alcohol and smacking my head on the center console :(

Everyone is always so helpful and friendly thank you!

Baz, we still have you're hat, scarf, and several other items from the rug! :lol:

P.S. Muz, the pictures are brilliant!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Bongoplod wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:
diamond wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Well done Harry for a great weekend, Nice to see some new face's showing up as well as the hardcore! here's to next year roll on. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2nd that. Great to see faces old and new. We should have brought the Bongo and stopped overnight hey ho - perfect Autumn weather in a beautiful landscape. Big apologies to Di for not recognising her with her new hair colour #-o which really suits her :-). Sorry to have missed you Brian. See you all next year. Mike and Trish and Lexi the dog (who enjoyed playing with doggie friends old and new). Xx

Friday night we were all squashed in the marquee like sardines,so,as more were going to be in on the Saturday,I never bothered going till 10.30pm when I took Charlie for his last dump. If Ide known you were there I would have come to say hello.

Billy
Yea we asked after you but didn't realise you were lurking round the corner. Our original intention was to arrrive earlier and join you, as we knew you'd not be off on the walk. But then we stopped to eat sandwiches and found ourselves by a footway that looked suitable for a 10 min doggie walk. Turned out we were on Arnside Knott and we got sucked into the breathtaking view and ended up walking for 2 hrs! So we didn't arrive until around 4pm in the end, just as the walkers returned. Doh #-o
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Billy[/quote]

Yea we asked after you but didn't realise you were lurking round the corner. Our original intention was to arrrive earlier and join you, as we knew you'd not be off on the walk. But then we stopped to eat sandwiches and found ourselves by a footway that looked suitable for a 10 min doggie walk. Turned out we were on Arnside Knott and we got sucked into the breathtaking view and ended up walking for 2 hrs! So we didn't arrive until around 4pm in the end, just as the walkers returned. Doh #-o[/quote]

I went to the Woodlands at 4pm to pick up the drunks (Diamond,Mountaingoat,Bongobaz,and a couple of loose women :lol:
Got back to site at 5.30pm so Harry could take Amanda to the station,then went back to my trailer tent and read till 10.30pm,when doggiedoos called.....catch you next time.

Just spent over 3 hrs uploading photos to the bucket (anyone else experience 5 mins or more per photo??),will post em termorrer

Billy
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:36 am

Bongoplod wrote:
Just spent over 3 hrs uploading photos to the bucket (anyone else experience 5 mins or more per photo??),will post em termorrer

Billy
Assuming they have broadband in Wiggin, best plan is to copy them into a temporary folder then resize them to the size you need - max 1024 W x max 768 H - then upload the resized ones to PhotoBucket, shouldn't take more than a minute or so for a load to go up. You can resize all of them in one go with MicroSoft Office Picture Manager or similar, then upload them all in one go.
Diane
Bongolier

Post by Diane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 am

Whoo hoo thanks Harry for sorting this meet out again. At least I got the right weekend this year :roll:

It was fantastic to see everyone again and meet some lovely new people. Bongoin was a huge part of my life for so long and as I sat in the marquee on Saturday I realised just how much I miss it. Things are going to change!! I'm back :lol: :lol: It's time to buy a bongo again - I might need a little advice so I don't buy a wrong un though :? :?

Cheers to Brian for the lift back from Woodlands, to Harry for the lift back home, to Baz for the offer of spending a night in a crime scene and to Mike for making me chuckle. Your face was soooooo blank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and I know my response didn't help you one bit but I couldn't resist!

I've booked a pod for Haworth so I'll see some of you there - 8) and for those that don't make that meet - I'll catch you in a field somewhere next year - in my new bongo :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Diane wrote:Whoo hoo thanks Harry for sorting this meet out again. At least I got the right weekend this year :roll:

It was fantastic to see everyone again and meet some lovely new people. Bongoin was a huge part of my life for so long and as I sat in the marquee on Saturday I realised just how much I miss it. Things are going to change!! I'm back :lol: :lol: It's time to buy a bongo again - I might need a little advice so I don't buy a wrong un though :? :?

Cheers to Brian for the lift back from Woodlands, to Harry for the lift back home, to Baz for the offer of spending a night in a crime scene and to Mike for making me chuckle. Your face was soooooo blank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and I know my response didn't help you one bit but I couldn't resist!

I've booked a pod for Haworth so I'll see some of you there - 8) and for those that don't make that meet - I'll catch you in a field somewhere next year - in my new bongo. :D
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its going to get worse - quite scary really :?

GREAT NEWS you might be Bongoing again. Proceed with caution in the search for a good one - they're not as young as they used to be, but still the best. We'll help where we can. :-)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:42 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Diane wrote:Whoo hoo thanks Harry for sorting this meet out again. At least I got the right weekend this year :roll:

I've booked a pod for Haworth so I'll see some of you there - 8) and for those that don't make that meet - I'll catch you in a field somewhere next year - in my new bongo. :D
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its going to get worse - quite scary really :?

GREAT NEWS you might be Bongoing again. Proceed with caution in the search for a good one - they're not as young as they used to be, but still the best. We'll help where we can. :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be good to see you back,start saving with Amanda and get one between you.Either that or put all your Bingo winnings away till youve got enuff.

Billy
Last edited by Bongoplod on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks Harry, great weekend and weather. =D> =D>

A few pictures

Evening get together and food feast

Breakfast time fashion Bongo style

Evening over the bay

And some from the sky. I'll get some video sorted soon.

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
Bongoplod wrote:

Billy
Assuming they have broadband in Wiggin, best plan is to copy them into a temporary folder then resize them to the size you need - max 1024 W x max 768 H - then upload the resized ones to PhotoBucket, shouldn't take more than a minute or so for a load to go up. You can resize all of them in one go with MicroSoft Office Picture Manager or similar, then upload them all in one go.
Cheers Paul,cant afford Office :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:48 pm

Brian........love those photos from your quadcopter =D> =D> =D> =D>

Billy

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”