Team Muz on tour in Iberia

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Team Muz on tour in Iberia

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Just drifting up to Aberdeen for a tedious business meeting and I thought I’d check out Lamancha in Scotland, it’s on the A701 near Peebles :idea:

Somehow I don’t think this is what Cervantes had in mind for Don Quixote :?

...although someone had put a Quixote & Sancho sticker on the sign, no idea who that might have been :^o

And then I spotted the local off-road centre – Don Coyote’s in Lamancha, in Scotland. You really couldn’t make it up! :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:22 am

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi
Ghastly ....next someone will be using the name Don Quicksoak to sell those inane jacuzzis ...I've never seen the point in them!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Hmmm, you might be onto something there Helen. Or an equine feed supplement - Donkey Oaty - I can see it now :lol: :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:38 pm

OMG - someone has already thought of it #-o

philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Muzorewa wrote:OMG - someone has already thought of it #-o

Damn!foiled again. #-o
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 am

Hi
Oh....that's superb...the donkey looks like the hares we encounter on dogwalks...millions of 'em...I love hares....when you scare them by walking into their comfort zone , they scarper like the wind......TOWARDS you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...until they stop, think for a moment, and turn round an run in the other direction....KOOL!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:48 am

Hmm, hares are nice, not nearly so readily available as I recall when I was a kid. So much more meat than your average rabbit too Image
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:51 am

Hi
Never liked rabbit, and haven't tried hare...but whilst on the subject, over here they eat horse and, apparently, donkey....I've tried horse, but not too keen, so I'd probably not fancy donkey...I've also been told that they eat dog?.....that's probably a left-over habit from when the Vietnamese were over here in the Commie days, as Vietnamese are partial to dog...Purely as a personal feeling, it's not good!
Cheers
Helen
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:06 am

Rabbit works well in paella, combined with a lot of other things of course.

I've found horse steaks very nice on a barbie, but the horse burgers you can get in France are a very peculiar taste. I've never knowingly eaten donkey :-#

By the whey, donkey milk is supposed to be the bees knees, so to speak =;

As for dog, that's undoubtedly been served up in our local Chinese takeaway and as we eat so many other strange beasts I suppose you'd be pushed to tell the difference once it's been sliced & spiced :(
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:26 am

Hi
Well....I don't know what the hell it is, but I bought a few kilos of "Teleshko" the other week to make burgers....Teleshko is the local name for veal, but it isn't crated veal, which I prefer not to eat, however , I have had that in Italian restaurants , but I think what they refer to as veal over here is "bull-beef" (juvenile beef), BUT....on this occasion, I can't imagine what it is, as it's REALLY nasty...it makes Tony and I retch just to taste it, so I guess it's doubtful as to origin....It may just not have been bled properly, or hung, but I have a packet of hot curry powder for the odd emergency when I can't do my own, and I add 1/2 a tsp of that plus a 1/4 tsp of hot chilli powder per 4 ozs of the burger, and it just about disguises it....we call it "rat-burger" :lol: ....I had one last night :lol:
Cheers
Helen
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:59 am

Hmmm, sounds delicious Image

Veal is lovely though, not that common over here of course but you can get it. And it's the basis for a proper Wiener Schnitzel rather than the make-believe Schnitzel Wiener Art :wink:

1/2tsp hot curry powder & 1/4tsp hot chilli powder per 1/4lb mince should just bout disguise anything Image
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi
Well...it only JUST concealed the taste...I can't get beef readily over here, as they just don't use it, and veal is common, and I normally use it in chillis, but this batch was abominable. They usually use veal mixed with pork over here...rather mucky in terms of taste, plus, our friends here say that if you don't see the meat the mince is made from, there's no telling what it is!. We mince our own meat, and make our own bangers and burgers. Currently trying to locate a source of beef, as I think their dislike of beef goes back to the Ottoman era. We might get a contact to find some venison and boar, as we live in a hunting district, so that'll give us a bit of scope for some REALLY decent snorkers. Also, we've found a source of a mix for making chorizo sausage...so perhaps one of the famous "Muz Spamellas" is on the cards, and with Autumn setting in , the creole cooking will surface again. We are looking at industrial sausage machines for the kitchen, and maybe an electric meat smoking cabinet for outside...
Cheers
Helen
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 am

Has anyone else pondered the latest Royal Mail seasonal stamps and wondered why Don Quijote is on foot, what has Sancho done with Rocinante – has he sold him to the glue factory or Tesco...

...and is Mary playing a new keyboard with Joseph strutting his stuff on the karaoke? :?

Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:18 am

That gazebo looks useful, though. 8)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”