scottish monthly meetings

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

the laird
Supreme Being

scottish monthly meetings

Post by the laird » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Does anyone want to propose a area we can have a monthly meet. Northwards of the central belt to give the members up hne :roll: orth lessr travel for a wee change?so come get posting
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Re: scottish monthly meetings

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

You thinking day meets, or camping meets? Particularly day meets, I reckon they should move around - there's lots to see in this wee country. The general approach seems to be "pick a date, propose a venue, see who's up for it".

Arranging meets by consensus can be difficult/slow. Going back to the same place (with the exception of the Red Squirrel!) might not inspire some folk to keep coming.

I'll propose one... The Scottish Crannog Center @ Loch Tay, Saturday 10th August. Camping TBD.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am

So long as it is not near Aberfeldy, the pothole capital of Scotland. We have been there twice and coming back the second time I hit a pothole hidden round a blind corner in my Bongo. Cost me a new ABS on my nearside rear wheel and these are not cheap. :twisted:

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
cujimio
Bongonaut

Post by cujimio » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 am

Aberdeen beach boulevard could be a place to meet its next to the beach loads of parking (as long as its not an Abredeen home game), lots of things to do, restaraunts, cinema, Codonas (its an amusement park) etc... there is a caravan park 10 mins from the beach with all allemenities and close to the main duel carriageway into Aberdeen. There is also an asda that runs buses into town, about 5- 10 mins.
Sharon & Jimi

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside! :-) ;-)
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am

MountainGoat wrote:So long as it is not near Aberfeldy,

Tony
Yep, 5miles from Aberfeldy, however you could approach Kenmore from the Killin side avoiding Aberfeldy altogether.
Don't know if I will manage the 10th Aug myself as I may have something on that day.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 pm

If any more suggestions over the weekend I can try from Tuesday 26imin Windermere for a few days and could spend time trying to set up a meet if you it's all fancy.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Faskally site?
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm

the laird wrote:Faskally site?
Driver+Passengers wrote:You thinking day meets, or camping meets? The Scottish Crannog Center @ Loch Tay, Saturday 10th August. Camping TBD.
Perthshire would be good,especially if there's a forest nearby :wink:
all the same but different
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Mull traditional music festival, (26-28th Apr) should anybody fancy a trip to Mull, all the towns and villages tend to lay on entertainment, free of charge. We usually street camp in Tobermory however there can be as many as 30-40 motor homes and campervans in the main car park over the weekend, it is like a small community, but can end up being a bit of a drinking festival as well. Hope to head up on the friday morning and stay until monday.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Four years since I was last on the Isle of Mull. Unless things have changed then it is usually cheaper if you cross to Morven on the council run Corran ferry then drive down to Lochline to catch the Cal Mac ferry to Fishnish than it is to use the Cal Mac ferry from Oban to Craignure on Mull. Useful if you are comming from the north. The last bit is a single track road with passing places just like you will find on the Isle of Mull.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”