Bongos in the Peak 12 to 14 October

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Bongos in the Peak 12 to 14 October

Post by Ian » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 am

The final club meeting will take place over the weekend of 12th October. Once again we will be returning to the Greenhills site near Bakewell, Derbyshire. Full booking details can be found in the members area of the main website at http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... tm#rallies

This year Barry Bullshot's nature walk will be the Town Trail around Bakewell.

Booking from 30 August. Please quote your club membership number (it's on your laminated card) when booking.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Bongos in the Peak 12 to 14 October

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 am

Was hoping to get to this meet to catch up again with Anita and Christine. Now I can't go! Grrrr! Next year maybe ...
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm

we're hoping to catch a bus into Buxton to visit the Great Peak District Fair on the Saturday if anyone fancies coming too :)

http://www.highpeak.gov.uk/hp/news/bott ... trict-fair

'the fair will boast more than 100 stallholders and exhibitors selling products and produce crafted, handmade or hand-reared in the Peak District. The Octagon Hall will be packed to the rafters with stalls selling everything from food, fine art and furniture to ceramics, carvings and crafts.The Promenade will host food and drink stalls plus live music and children’s attractions' 8)
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Looks interesting, depending on the weather :lol: Buses seem to be an hourly service 8)
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 am

I'm afraid we are going to have to reluctantly miss this weekend.
Physio tells me I've trapped a nerve in my back numbing my left leg and making it virtually impossible to stand and walk. I was hoping it would clear up but it's seems to be getting worse not better. Quite literally, a pain in the a**e in more ways than one.
Hope everyone has a good time, at least the weather is OK.

Muz, another oatcake failure I'm afraid, third time lucky next time. :(

ps. The Matlock Bath illuminations and fireworks are on Saturday night, worth a look if you haven't seen them before. Looks like you have to pay now though. Don't even think about parking in Matlock Bath, park in Matlock or Cromford and walk, believe me, it's quicker. Best place to see the fireworks is the Temple Hotel, get a pint and sit on the wall.
http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/themat ... ue=6070460
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 am

briwy wrote:Muz, another oatcake failure I'm afraid, third time lucky next time. :(
:( I'll just have to make do with the rather wussy North Staffordshire variety from Sainsbugs :(

There is someone planning to attend the meet on a kind of research mission prior to buying a Bongo and I had instructed them to look out for your van. Have you got any photos of the inside and showing the roof arrangement etc :wink:

Muz :D
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
briwy wrote:Muz, another oatcake failure I'm afraid, third time lucky next time. :(
:( I'll just have to make do with the rather wussy North Staffordshire variety from Sainsbugs :(

There is someone planning to attend the meet on a kind of research mission prior to buying a Bongo and I had instructed them to look out for your van. Have you got any photos of the inside and showing the roof arrangement etc :wink:

I can get some taken Paul when the leg's a bit better.
Do you know when they are planning on coming? Could probably have a run out Sunday morning, actually the Bongo is the comfiest place to be at the moment, no problem driving, it's just when I get out.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 pm

I'll check that they're definitely going to be there and let you know. We could have some freshly barbecued sausages ready :twisted:
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Great week end, and good company.mud was fun.
Thanks Ian
Trish
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Great to meet friends old and new.
We stayed at a great site just up the road.
Cycled the Monsal Trail Saturday and sampled the delights of the beer festival at Buxton Sunday.
Sorry to have missed team Muz.
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Muzorewa wrote:

You mean the original OATCAKE, The Staffordshire OATCAKE :D :D :D
Bongo no more........... ;-(
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 pm

dandemann8 wrote:
Muzorewa wrote:

You mean the original OATCAKE, The Staffordshire OATCAKE :D :D :D
Can't beat 'em. Like the glorious light in the Peaks as I drove back across them yesterday afternoon. Never seen them look so lovely. A great weekend for an end of season meet :-)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 am

Nice to see some old & new faces there, and more than one set of potential newbies who I hope went away convinced that the Bongo is the best thing since sliced bread. What was the best thing before sliced bread? :?

The site was damp in places, where we pitched was fine at first but the grass soon disappeared underfoot to be replaced by mud. So to spare our Bongo the inevitable mud-bath of cooking breakfast, we left early Sunday and did a proper breakfast for the rest of the Team at home - together with Brian & Christine's Derbyshire oatcakes - and very nice too =D>

A few pics from us, the first three courtesy of Muzette...

She ran back to the Bongo, asked if she could take one of the cameras as she had seen some good views....

....I think these are looking north or north-west over the Wye towards Ashford-in-the-Water....

....she disappeared over a fence and then returned like the Pied Piper of Hamelin with a trail of kids in her wake :?

Alfie - Harry & Trish's new pup 8)

Best to take the shots like this, doesn't show the mud up too bad :oops:

Camping in the Peak District in October, you know it makes sense :lol:

I'll spare you the traditional burgers & Spam on a barbie, you know what they look like. But how about this to finish off in style....

....which did get some strange looks from passers-by on their way to the latrines....

....although they were a lot of faffing about to eat. I think next time normal service will be resumed and it'll be Spam :roll:
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Magic weekend :D

In England

Great craft fair in Buxton with interesting stuff 8)

Sorry I meant beer festival :lol: :lol:

The weather wasn't too bad :roll:

and the company was great :D so glad to see the sonic screwdriver worked :wink: :D

MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Nice to see Dave out and about again without his backpack. What next for him, another walk across Morcambe Bay in decent weather?

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”