SouthWest Fest, Looe

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

daisydaydream
Bongonaut

SouthWest Fest, Looe

Post by daisydaydream » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Okay - I know it's a long time coming, but I wanted to add my thanks to Ian and Marianne for organising this wonderful event (and Kirsty) and to everyone there who was so kind, friendly and helpful.
My first (and somewhat traumatic) first proper outing would have been more enjoyable if the weather hadn't been quite so extreme ...
I was constantly tightening guy ropes, reclipping my figure of eight strip and mopping random leaks with the brand new awning and rocking the night away in the29mph/gusts of up to 42mph winds .. and let's not mention the driving rain - I said, let's not mention it!! All of which left one a bit unprepared when the sun came out from time to time..

But it was made so much more enjoyable by all you wonderful Bongo owners. I have honestly never come across a more friendly, helpful and generous group of people before.

Thank you, one and all, and although I am without a doubt a fair-weather camper and Winnebongo will be having a rest until Spring, I look forward to meeting you all again at the earliest opportunity

Warm hugs to you all
Carole xx
dorsetdave
Bongonaut

Re: SouthWest Fest, Looe

Post by dorsetdave » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, we could not make it this year.

Some day meets could be arranged in Dorset, pleanty of good pubs, walks etc.

If any one interested then drop me a line.

Why wait untill next year to meet up again with with fellow Bongo-ers.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:09 pm

So glad you enjoyed it, despite the weather. It was lovely to meet you and we hope to do so at future meets. Best wishes. Mo (Mrs Rooster)
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Sadly we didn't make this year, but the last 3 have been great, glad you enjoyed it. :D

Fantastic team there. =D>

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”