cley next to sea ?

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

cley next to sea ?

Post by M 80NGO » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Fancy a lill day out tomorrow and a guy i work with always goes on about cley next to sea norfolk, whats there and is there much to do without spending a fortune ?
longhaul8
Tribal Elder

Re: cley next to sea ?

Post by longhaul8 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:15 pm

M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:12 pm

longhaul8 wrote:There you go.

http://www.cley.org.uk/home/about.html

But have you actually physically been there ? the pics look lovely but so do the pics in the butlins brochure :roll:
g4gxl
Bongonaut

Post by g4gxl » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:48 pm

If you like wildlife/birding, walking or photography then it's a great place to visit.

We are regular visitors to the Norfolk Wildlife Trust centre and reserve -
http://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/cley.aspx

The centre is interesting and has a pretty good restaurant. The reserve has great hides (you are very likely to see marsh harriers) and good walks. You can get to the beach which should be a fine place for a picnic in this warm spell we are having right now.

If you have any interest in birding, telescopes or photography pay a visit to Cley Spy - http://www.cleyspy.co.uk/. They have a small shop in the NWT Visitor Centre but it's worth a trip to their HQ. It's one of those places where you get good honest advice and great service.

Cley village has a great deli http://picnic-fayre.co.uk/ (can't miss it as you drive through) - but I wouldn't stop there otherswise.

It's worth visiting Blakeney a couple of miles along the coast - more good walks and a great ice cream shop.

Not sure where we'll be tomorrow, but most likely somewhere on the North Norfolk coast between Hunstanton and Cley :D

Steve
1996 4wd AFT 2.5l diesel, white over silver with Chargespeed body kit (and furry dice)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm

We've holidayed in Cley several times. V pretty but only an expesnive deli. anda couple of bookshops, and the windmill, oh an up the hill is a nice pick your own fruit place witha nice cafe (wasps around this time of year though). Nice coastal path walks from there.

I'd go to Wells next the Sea for more choices and easier parking, and better prices.

I've posted too late anyway to make any difference ha ha!
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Well what a fantasic day we've had, we headed for blakeney and arrived about 11.30 to find free parking in the village hall carpark and an antiques collectors fair in the village hall so we had a lill walk around that then back to the bongo and got the lunch out of the fridge and had lunch in the bongo with the side door open, next up we walked down through Blakeney down to the old port where there was quite a few people crabbing with much success, we got ourselves an icecream and had a walk along the estury also taking a look at the small wildfowl reserve, Blakeney has some fantastic little shops icecream shop and an old guild hall public toilets are very clean and you get great veiws from the top of the hill.

Once we were all in the bongo we headed down the A149 which is a great little road passing through some beautiful norfolk villages, We stopped at wells next to sea for an hour having a look at the little harbour and getting some crab sticks to top up the energy levels.

Back in the van and we carried on to Hunstanton, once there we had a walk along the seafront and i have to say it was lovely and warm with very few people about, fish n chips on the green for tea then mrs m 80ngo and i headed for a little tearoom while the kids went and spent there money in the arcade they love them 2 penny falls, once they'd spent up ( funny how the arcade always seems to win ) we started to head for home about 18:30ish but i had a cunning plan up my sleeve and i called in at heacham north beach to watch the sun set into the sea, once at Heacham i made full use of the bongos Full Time 4WD and drove up the sandy gradient to the beach so we could watch the sun set from within the warmth and comfort of the bongo, that said the boys and i got out and sat on the beach while mrs m 80ngo utilised the warmth and comfort of the bongo.

When the sun had dissapeared from site and the boys couldn't hear it sizzling anymore :wink: we got back in the bongo mrs m 80ngo reclined her seat for a little snooze the boys loaded up a DVD in the back and i piloted the bongo safely back to home 175 miles total round trip =D>
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Yup, I should have mentioned Blakeney - had many happy times there. Sounds like a grand day out, all in all =D>
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Super part of the country, the North Norolk coast from Brancaster to Cromer..... luckily a "hidden" gem as many folks don't go there......
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 pm

mikexgough wrote:Super part of the country, the North Norolk coast from Brancaster to Cromer..... luckily a "hidden" gem as many folks don't go there......

Certainly is mike that A149 costal road takes you through some lovely little villages with constant glimpses of the sea, it was a truely great day 8)
maviczap

Post by maviczap » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Plus the excellent camping site at Kelling Heath, which is served by the North Norfolk railway, steam trains to Holt (lovely) or Sheringham
bongo frenzee
Bongolier

Post by bongo frenzee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:34 pm

mikexgough wrote:Super part of the country, the North Norolk coast from Brancaster to Cromer..... luckily a "hidden" gem as many folks don't go there......
Totally agree there, we had a lovely 'Gourmet Bongoing' trip in the summer, staying in West Runton and Wells and pootling along the coast road stopping off at all the lovely delis and farm shops. Wells/Holkham beaches are gorgeous.
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!
M 80NGO
Supreme Being

Post by M 80NGO » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Goodness it seems like ages ago that i started this thread, t'was a top day out tho 8)

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”