Day meet 7th Nov Llanberis, N Wales

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Re: Day meet 7th Nov Llanberis, N Wales

Post by friendeedebs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:thanks brian.i see it now :lol: :lol: :lol: .takes an ex copper to give good directions,women dont do directions well. :lol: :lol:
:shock: :lol: well you still have to see it for real ;) how about a summer camp ? :D with big jim :)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 am

Looking at it,I think Kenneth Williams modelled for the person who carved the mountainside,but he didnt like being so high up.......Ooooooo Matron,get back down there quick :shock: :oops:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 am

debbiepritch wrote:
Northern Bongolow wrote:thanks brian.i see it now :lol: :lol: :lol: .takes an ex copper to give good directions,women dont do directions well. :lol: :lol:
:shock: :lol: well you still have to see it for real ;) how about a summer camp ? :D with big jim :)
sounds like a great plan.count us in. 8) 8) :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:
debbiepritch wrote:
Me too,but start a new topic in "Fancy Meeting Up and Wales/Cymru,nearer the time

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am

Sorry to have missed this one but as I know most of you already & have done Llanberis on & off since I was a nipper, looking at the pics has given me a great day out from the comfort of home this evening. :lol:

Stick us down for a summer shin dig.

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am

Bongoplod wrote:
sounds like a great plan.count us in. 8) 8) :D[/quote]

Me too,but start a new topic in "Fancy Meeting Up and Wales/Cymru,nearer the time

Brian[/quote]

Ooops,you already have :oops:

Brian
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 am

hembramacho wrote:Then saw about 5 bongos on the A55 on the way back 8) (not including Team Muz bombing past us :lol: ).
We passed a black one with a surfboard on top, that was later stopped (in a layby) on the A55 after we'd refuelled. We also saw one stopped on the M56 between 14 & 12, only lives round the corner from us but by the time it had registered who it was it was too late to stop & reverse up the hard shoulder. So we doubled back but as we passed in now the opposite direction they were being loaded onto an AA truck. Hopefully not a terminal problem for them :?

There was also a nice lime green VW mystery machine we passed a total of three times :oops: :lol:
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Bongoplod wrote:
Bongoplod wrote:

Brian[/quote]

Ooops,you already have :oops:

Brian[/quote]

they're just day meets for events at the museum with a chance to meet santa :)
I'll have a think about a summer meet :wink:
What have I got myself into again #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Debs
hembramacho
Supreme Being

Post by hembramacho » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Muzorewa wrote:
hembramacho wrote:Then saw about 5 bongos on the A55 on the way back 8) (not including Team Muz bombing past us :lol: ).
We passed a black one with a surfboard on top, that was later stopped (in a layby) on the A55 after we'd refuelled. We also saw one stopped on the M56 between 14 & 12, only lives round the corner from us but by the time it had registered who it was it was too late to stop & reverse up the hard shoulder. So we doubled back but as we passed in now the opposite direction they were being loaded onto an AA truck. Hopefully not a terminal problem for them :?

There was also a nice lime green VW mystery machine we passed a total of three times :oops: :lol:
I saw a green AFT heading towards bangor as soon as we got on the A55. The black one was behind us for a while - I slowed down to work out if it was a bongo or not, as the light was fading a bit. Surfboard on the top makes sense, as I was trying to work out what kind of roof it had! :roll: :lol:
A new shape white tin top also bombed past me by the Llandudno turnoff.
Also passed the lime green VW. 8) :lol:

Andrew
ImageGwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.Image
lars
Bongonaut

Post by lars » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 am

Looks like I missed a good day out but as I expected the well known national company that I work for have invoked their newly aquired right to impose compulsory overtime, again! Not because of any dire emergency but because of the managerial levels being unable to organise a cocktail party in an offlicense. Maybe better luck next time?
Hwyl a Fflag

95 silver 2WD AFT 2.5td, '96 Yamaha XJR 1200, '97 Buell S1 Lightning, '40 Indian Chief
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 am

lars wrote:Looks like I missed a good day out but as I expected the well known national company that I work for have invoked their newly aquired right to impose compulsory overtime, again! Not because of any dire emergency but because of the managerial levels being unable to organise a cocktail party in an offlicense. Maybe better luck next time?
lars wrote:Looks like I missed a good day out but as I expected the well known national company that I work for have invoked their newly aquired right to impose compulsory overtime, again! Not because of any dire emergency but because of the managerial levels being unable to organise a cocktail party in an offlicense. Maybe better luck next time?
What a shame :( what about this one, 28 November at the slate museum http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 47&start=0 and we're meeting for the christmas party on 21 December too at the slate museum if you fancy it? http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 48&start=0

Debs
lars
Bongonaut

Post by lars » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:38 pm

The 28th of November is a possibility, apart from being the day after the annual pilgrimage to the NEC Birmingham for the motorbike show. The 21st of December is a non starter being a weekday. The usual caveats of work/children/etc etc still apply.Time will tell.
Hwyl a Fflag

95 silver 2WD AFT 2.5td, '96 Yamaha XJR 1200, '97 Buell S1 Lightning, '40 Indian Chief
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 am

lars wrote:The 28th of November is a possibility, apart from being the day after the annual pilgrimage to the NEC Birmingham for the motorbike show. The 21st of December is a non starter being a weekday. The usual caveats of work/children/etc etc still apply.Time will tell.
just turn up if you can :) be nice to meet you, you a biker then? my fella is :)
21st is a weekday but the kids will have broken up on Anglesey not sure if it's the same for you?
Debs

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”