Bodiam Castle, East Sussex, Our Maiden Voyage

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

dobby
Supreme Being

Re: Bodiam Castle, East Sussex, Our Maiden Voyage

Post by dobby » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Lovely pictures, the approach to the castle over the level crossing is great view. If you are near Battle they sometimes do music events at the Abbey - outdoor proms I think, we were camping near then once and a they had an event on and a Spitfire was doing fly pasts - fantastic, especially as it was using the campsite we were on as it's turning area.
millerj1974

Post by millerj1974 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Oh I forgot to mention I got locked out of the Bongo yesterday morning because my daughter had put the central locking down from inside without me knowing an I closed the slidding door with the key inside.

We managed to open it again by opening one of the zips in the roof lining and passing my friends 5 year old son through to open the doors.

The worst bit about it was my missus then discovered 5 minutes latter that she had the spare key in her jeans pocket which were in the awning. #-o :evil:
pamannec
Bongonaut

Post by pamannec » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Glad you had a good time and the weather wasn't too bad although the wind has been really cold.
pamannec
Bongonaut

Post by pamannec » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Just seen the post about the Proms at Battle, really good fun if you are around at that time. Lucky you had the roof up when the keys got locked in. I remember my Son doing that at my Brothers wedding to the car, not a Bongo. We had to pinch a bit of wire off a fence and put it through the tiny crack where the window was not quite shut and managed to pull the catch up. We have never let him forget it and he is nearly 40 now.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”