Our holiday in Cornwall in pics

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Our holiday in Cornwall in pics

Post by Debs and David » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Just come back from our 1st bongo holiday. Our base was just outside Perranporth. It seems we were very lucky with the weather, only having one day rained off. When we ended up going to the cinema in Truro.

We travelled down early morning, had a few hours stop off in Tewkesbury.

Tewkesbury Abbey

Statue outside the abbey

We stayed overnight at a CCC certified site just us and one other caravan

Saturday - arrived to beautiful sunshine

Just setting up camp

My new camper wardrobe - it does look tidy when it is zipped up. Every girl should have one :lol:

Sunday - Perranporth beach - sunny but very windy

St. Agnes beach

Monday - went to Padstow, famous for Rick Stein's seafood restaurant - a lovely place, just full of tourists :lol:

The man must be loaded his name was everywhere!

For those of you familiar with tv programme Doc Martin, you will recognise the following pics which are at Port Isaac, where it was filmed, it is a beautiful unspoilt fishing village.

Tuesday - it was drizzling all day so we went to Truro to cinema

Wednesday - Newquay - didn't like it, too big and tacky

For those of you familiar with the programme Coast the following is a house on top of a small island overlooking the beach joined to the mainland via a bridge. The house and owners were featured on the programme by Neil Oliver.

Thursday - St. Ives - we went here for our very first family holiday 20 years ago, my son was only 4 and my daughter just a twinkle!

Friday - Mevagissey - I loved this place, so quaint, and it helped that the sun was shining!

Goran Haven - didn't like this as much, the small beach was packed and full of noisy children/teenagers

A random shot of our trusty home and transport for the week

Saturday - set off for home early, stopped off on the way in North Somerset to visit Tyntesfield House, which is owned by the National Trust and well worth a visit if you are in the area.
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
beachbongo

Re: Our holiday in Cornwall in pics

Post by beachbongo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 pm

8) pics looks like you had a good time
i love cornwall and could quite happily relocate there
we are going to padstow in august for a short break hope we get some good weather
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 pm

beachbongo wrote:8) pics looks like you had a good time
i love cornwall and could quite happily relocate there
we are going to padstow in august for a short break hope we get some good weather
I think Padstow was the favourite place of our visit, and Newquay the worst. We could easily relocate there too, such a lovely place.
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope you come back again and see some more of this wonderful corner of England, i've lived here all my life and i'm still finding those little out of the way places.
The Janner Vanner
mvous

Post by mvous » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Great pics, must visit there one day :)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 pm

What lovely pictures. I would love to live there. One day ...

I'll be there in September with my son. Surfing of course! :D
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
kev&caz
Bongonaut

Post by kev&caz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Nice pictures thanks for sharing. Could see my sons retaurant in the back ground of St Ives. The whole area has a good vibe always lots to see and do. Also good food and fine dining wort the effort. =D>
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Fabulous photos and you WERE lucky with the weather. Just goes to prove what I always say that in Cornwall the weather varies from end to end and coast to coast. I was thinking about you all week because it was pretty grim here for several days. We had dry bits of days, Friday was the only reliably decent day we had here last week.

Today we went "abroad" (Bideford in north Devon) and had mixed sunshine, cloud and a lot of fog on the journey home. Got home to a cloudless sky and you could see all the yukky weather around. My husband said it had been cloudless today and possibly the hottest day of the year so far.

Glad you had a great time, and thanks for sharing your pics. Let's get a few more folk holidaying in Cornwall. And Dave's right - don't forget his "Forgotten Corner of Cornwall". It's really lovely up there.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Fantastic pics, looks like you had a great trip. :D :D :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 am

Brill photos,glad you had a good holiday.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 am

Hi there.

Nice to see your lovely memories of Cornwall. Always enjoy looking at photographs on the forum.

Welcome.
SPARKYSSS

Post by SPARKYSSS » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

Excellent pics - we were married down there nearly a year ago and will be returning to our old favourite The Sloop in St Ives at the end of August.

Thanks for reminding me what a special place it is

=D> =D> =D>
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Glad you enjoyed Cornwall, I realise how lucky we are to live here, and all those lovely places you photographed are in easy visiting distance for us. There are still loads of places you could visit if you come again - I especially like all the little unspoilt fishing harbours and coves. Mo.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
RachelTaylor

Post by RachelTaylor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 am

looks like you had a great time, and some fab weather! south was definitely the way to go - we went north and had lots of the wet stuff...
Cornwall is lovely, my sister lives down there now, and she doesn't regret moving down from the not-so-sunny west mids.
Rachel
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Post by Colin H F » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Debs & David, Just been looking at your pics, very nice, I`m glad you had a great time and the weather was good for you, And I hope your conversion was up to your expectations. Colin
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”