Stratford-upon-Avon, (Midlands) Day Meet 30th November

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

paulnlol
Bongonaut

Re: Stratford-upon-Avon, (Midlands) Day Meet 30th November

Post by paulnlol » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Anna
Great news that you have been able to organize a mini meet,look forward to seeing you all there.
Part Time Pikey
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 pm

paulnlol wrote:Hi Anna
Great news that you have been able to organize a mini meet,look forward to seeing you all there.
Hi,
So glad you are going to join us. Look forward to meeting you there :D :D :D

Cheers Anna
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm

tay wrote:hi guys,just had a look at the weather forecast for stratford on sunday.overcast and showers so wrap up
warm everyone!

Lets hope they got it wrong Tay, :) but if not, we will just have to spend more time in the butterfly farm cafe or Pub :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Anna
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Hello all
We will be there if you hav room for a couple of oldies. :lol: :lol:
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 pm

JDS wrote:Hello all
We will be there if you hav room for a couple of oldies. :lol: :lol:

Hi There,
The car park takes approx 300 I think we'll be Ok.
We look forward to meeting you :D We are a couple of oldies too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Anna
M 80NGD
Bongolier

Post by M 80NGD » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 am

Hi all,I was quite interested in a Midlands meet when I saw Jamie and Sharons original suggestion of meeting in

Matlock or Carsington water etc. How did it end up in Strattford-upon-haven?!! I know Stratford is in the "Midlands",but it's

about 50 miles away from the Hoggmans original suggestions of Matlock etc. Carsington water would have been a great

venue,as there's LOADS of parking and plenty to do on site and off site. Hope the Hoggmans choice of places don't get

overridden in the future,cheers. =D> =D> =D>
My Names Bond......Lee Bond!!
RachelTaylor

Post by RachelTaylor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am

Hi folks, well this is my first post on the forum - been reading with great interest over the past few weeks, as we have finally purchased our first Bongo! Very pleased with it - now just can't wait to give Mickey a proper outing and get away :D
I have, in true female stylee, been leaving it to my husband to post questions and replies on here, but thought I would now break away from my comfort zone and get stuck in!
Stratford vs Carsington - Midlands is a funny area, as Stratford is great for people south of Brummie land, but not so good for those north, Carsington on the other hand is the opposite - great for those in Staffordshire/Derbyshire etc, but not so good if you're in Worcester.
So, basically what I'm trying to say in a long-winded way, is you're never going to please everyone, and good on you for putting yourself out to organise something. In fact, the only place really that works in the Midlands is Brum itself - maybe we could have a meet-up on that well known car-park aka "The M6"?! :lol: :wink:
Have a great time in Stratford, there is indeed loads to do, and plenty of parking space - we would pop along to say hello and introduce Mickey, but unfortunately we are away this weekend, so won't make it. But maybe next time...
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm

M 80NGD wrote:Hi all,I was quite interested in a Midlands meet when I saw Jamie and Sharons original suggestion of meeting in

Matlock or Carsington water etc. How did it end up in Strattford-upon-haven?!! I know Stratford is in the "Midlands",but it's

about 50 miles away from the Hoggmans original suggestions of Matlock etc. Carsington water would have been a great

venue,as there's LOADS of parking and plenty to do on site and off site. Hope the Hoggmans choice of places don't get

Hi,
I am sorry if the location is not to your liking. Stratford upon Avon was the joint decision of Sharon, Jamie, myself and many members.
There are very few Meets of any description this side of the midlands and we thought it would make a nice change! Next year we will be covering the areas you are suggesting-as long as there is sufficient interest. I am really sorry that you feel, I have taken over and prevented Sharon and Jamie from doing it. Maybe you should talk to them and get it straight!
I am not a person who likes any bad feelings between the members, so if anyone else feels unhappy about the arrangements, please let me know.
Again I apologise for any offence I might have caused, but you have got it wrong.

Anna
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:11 pm

RachelTaylor wrote:Hi folks, well this is my first post on the forum - been reading with great interest over the past few weeks, as we have finally purchased our first Bongo! Very pleased with it - now just can't wait to give Mickey a proper outing and get away :D
I have, in true female stylee, been leaving it to my husband to post questions and replies on here, but thought I would now break away from my comfort zone and get stuck in!
Stratford vs Carsington - Midlands is a funny area, as Stratford is great for people south of Brummie land, but not so good for those north, Carsington on the other hand is the opposite - great for those in Staffordshire/Derbyshire etc, but not so good if you're in Worcester.
So, basically what I'm trying to say in a long-winded way, is you're never going to please everyone, and good on you for putting yourself out to organise something. In fact, the only place really that works in the Midlands is Brum itself - maybe we could have a meet-up on that well known car-park aka "The M6"?! :lol: :wink:
Have a great time in Stratford, there is indeed loads to do, and plenty of parking space - we would pop along to say hello and introduce Mickey, but unfortunately we are away this weekend, so won't make it. But maybe next time...

Hi Rachel,
Welcome to the forum :D and thankyou for your support.
This is the first day meet, arranged and attended by me. I am sorry you can't make it and hopefully we will meet soon at another meet. :) Look forward to seeing Mickey too!
Can't please all the people all of the time, but still disappointed at that post. I am just trying to help! :(

Cheers Anna :)
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:20 pm

mrs hogggman wrote:hi anna,
i think we`ll give the butterfly farm a miss if you don`t mind?if anyone else doesn`t go in,we can find something else to do,or go for a walk with the dog or something.we should be ok for everything else though.meeting bb at 10-30 locally,so should be there between 11-45 and noon.
thanks
sharon

Hi Sharon,
That's OK. Theres plenty to do and the idea is to Meet up and get to know everyone and then do what you want in Stratford. Look forward to seeing you there :)

Cheers Anna
kev&caz
Bongonaut

Post by kev&caz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Anna,
We will try to be there first time for everything(ours as well).
best regards
Kev & Caz
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:38 pm

kev&caz wrote:Hi Anna,
We will try to be there first time for everything(ours as well).
best regards
Kev & Caz
Hi Kev & Caz,
Welcome to the forum, you will love it. They Are great guys :D We look forward to meeting you,so really hope you make it. If you put your location on your profile,we will all know where you are.

Cheers Anna :)
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm

M 80NGD wrote:Hi all,I was quite interested in a Midlands meet when I saw Jamie and Sharons original suggestion of meeting in

Bit of an unnecessary post M 80NGD :shock: It's hard enough getting meets organised anyway, without unconstructive comments like this. Anna and Sharon are hoping to organise meets all over the region in the new year :D If you'd read the original thread, all would have been revealed and you wouldn't have made yourself look silly :roll:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mrs hogggman

Post by mrs hogggman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:38 pm

hi people!!
first of all.....3 cheers for anna!! =D> =D> =D>
secondly...we haven`t been `pushed aside`...anna has done an absolutely brilliant job..stratford was mutually agreed between all of us...if it wasn`t for anna the meet wouldn`t be happening(we have 3 kids,very busy and not too much spare time)we (mr hoggman and me were discussing it saying it was a shame that nobody in the midlands got together)ideas for locations were asked for(see original thread)this was as i said agreed by many people..and as mentioned in original thread other meets were hopefully gonna happen in the new year..as many people have said,and we now realise ..you can`t please everybody all of the time.,sorry if you can`t make it,but to those who can ...i`ts gonna be a right laugh(hopefully) [-o<
once again,thanks anna..you`re a star!
and the doughnuts are on us!!!
shazza x
mrs hogggman

Post by mrs hogggman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:48 pm

hiya,keefysher,
the camera is charging up as we speak?type!
somebody will have to give me info on how to get `em on here though!
5 people and a large dog in a bongo...sure to be a giggle!
shazza

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”