Rest of the West Roll Call

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

cloudberry

Post by cloudberry » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:36 pm

We absolutely love our bongo!!!!! It runs beautifully, the conversion is lovely - we went with a 'luxury conversion' wether it compares like that to others I dont know though! We will take some pics as soon as possible and post them on here just cant find any batteries!!

We are going to go to the south west meet in sept in cornwall - will be our first one!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:44 am

We are looking forward to meeting you there cloudberry, I see it's all most sold out.
The Janner Vanner
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

New South West bongo

Post by Sar N Ade » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Hello,

We are in Yate (not quite Bristol but near enough for most people). We are collecting our Freda from Newport tomorrow (touch wood, already been put back a week once :cry: )
It is a green M reg AFT with a side conversion and I cannot wait!!
We are taking up to show off to my parents in Banbury tomorow so if you see two grinning maniacs in a green Freda please wave :lol:
Don't be offended if we don't respond - I'll probably be too scared to take my hand off the steering wheel. :shock:

Hopefully we can meet up with other folk at some point.

Sarah
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Good luck, hope all goes well. We waited 2 months for are Bongo. :wink:
sirlarose

Waiting for Conversion

Post by sirlarose » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 pm

We have picked out the vehicle we want and are now waiting for the conversion to be done. We are buying it from Bell Hill At Norton St.Phillip. It seems to be a very tidy clean example. We have have seen some real mingers for sale, that appear to have a load of japanese builders living in them. But this one is quite sweet no stale fags sweat ugh!
One of our friends in the MX-5 club has a Bongo he lives Fishponds, we reside St. George/Hanham border.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97 ... 68copy.jpg

We have to wait untill end Aug apparently we are in a queue.

If you see me in the yellow peril {below} flash. only a couple of that colour in Bristol so pretty high chance its me
Rae

Post by Rae » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:23 pm

Hello - we are new 'bongo'ers' and live just outside Taunton. Our green over silver aft Bongo has been reserved and we are just waiting for her to arrive - cant wait 8)

Havent decided what conversion to have yet as there's got to be room for me & my hubby as well as our 6 dogs :shock: The bongo will be my run around as well as being used for days out and holidays. It'll be bongotastic! :D
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Post by Sar N Ade » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Hello Rae.
We got our green on silver AFT last Saturday and I still grin every time I see it. I hope you have a wonderful time with it.
Let me know what kind of conversion you go for. We have a full side conversion (no dogs you see). My Dad is jealous but said they cannot have a bongo as they have a doberman and wouldn't have the room. If you can fit 6 (SIX 8-[ ) dogs in I'm sure they will sort out one!

Happy bongoing

Sarah
Scott & Gillian
Bongolier

Post by Scott & Gillian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:36 pm

A big welcome to all the new 'rest of the west' owners!!!

We have just completed our first year with our Bongo, having had it Mot'd yesterday - IT PASSED WITHOUT ANY WORK!!!!!

So pleased we bought a Bongo!!!!

Hope to see some of you all if the summer ever starts!!
I'm a collector of random things. Anything. But not glitter, which is nasty.
www.random-things.co.uk
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Rest of the West Roll Call

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 am

Any new members in the area want to introduce themselves to the locals? Don't be shy - we don't bite :)
splash2

Post by splash2 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am

Hi All,

Does Gloucester count as West? I'm never sure if we are south Midlands, Welsh Marches or South West :? Anyway, we will be collecting our Black 2001 from JAL at the end of the month; hopefully in time for the Chew Valley mini-meet. I can't remember being so excited about getting a new motor!

Adrian.
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Post by Sar N Ade » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Splash2 - why not join up with all of them? Lots of meets then :lol:

I think technically you are West so we can claim you :shock:

Even if the Bongo doesn't turn up in time you could still come to Chew Valley, just to whet your appetite!

Sarah
splash2

Post by splash2 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

My appetite is more whetted than you can imagine!!
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Post by Sar N Ade » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:29 pm

I remember when we were waiting for our conversion - it felt like months! I do sympathise.

Come down and torment yourself then :shock:

Sarah
Billybongo/Bristol

Post by Billybongo/Bristol » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi All,

We've had our bongo for over 2 years and been part of the club for the same time, We live in Longwell Green in Bristol with our silver Bongo that has been Christened "Billy" you'll see us in asda / B&Q or traversing the A420 in & out of Bristol. Billy has a sister called "Bessy" who lives in Basingstoke with Kiethysher. They are regular contributors to the bongo site. Well thats us I'm sure we'll meet soon, maybe a pre christmas pint !!!!!
Cheers
Simon :D
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Post by Sar N Ade » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Billybongo - have you seen the Chew Valley Lake thread in 'Fancy Meeting up'?

Some of us are getting together for a few hours in a couple of week time.

Maybe Billy could come along and say hello to some cousins :D

Sarah

Return to “Rest of the West”