Knocking & mechanic recommendation

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Keanst

Knocking & mechanic recommendation

Post by Keanst » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I am currently on holiday down in the Christchurch/Bournemouth area & my bongo has developed a knocking to the front of the vehicle. There is nothing visible hanging down under the bongo to cause the rattle/banging.

As we are travelling back up to Shropshire on Saturday I would like to get this checked out. Do u have any recommendations for bongo friendly mechanics in the area?
Cheers in advance!
Kerry
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Knocking & mechanic recommendation

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 pm

there's a well recomended one at newbury,thinks its called discount trucks or similar.
someone will be along shortly to fill in the gaps.

maybe front droplinks, or anti rollbar bushes/brackets,does the noise sound/feel like its under your feet,or passengers feet.
Keanst

Post by Keanst » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi

As I was driving it felt like/sounded as if it was coming from under my feet but other people in the vehicle said to them it sounded like it was coming from the passengers side - it is definitely at the front of the vehicle.

Roads I was traveling on were not overly bumpy to make anything rattle as such & it is doing it when travelling in a straight line.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

K.
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Keanst wrote:Hi

As I was driving it felt like/sounded as if it was coming from under my feet but other people in the vehicle said to them it sounded like it was coming from the passengers side - it is definitely at the front of the vehicle.

Roads I was traveling on were not overly bumpy to make anything rattle as such & it is doing it when travelling in a straight line.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

K.
I've had that :) ~i was convinced the bumping was my side & the missus said it was her side :? ~so took drop links out (both sides) & anti roll bar bushes & brackets~i compared them with the new ones & not a lot of difference,but when all was replaced they stopped the bumping & a smoother ride.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Rest of the West”