weekends away?

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

beasd mr Friendee
Bongonaut

weekends away?

Post by beasd mr Friendee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am

Happy new year all,

I'm starting to look at weekends away in our lovely bongo, last year we started a tad too early perhaps in march and twas too cold to even speak about, however not put off trying again but being a little more prepared perhaps i am looking for some good places around the SW area which won't cost an arm and a leg.
We have three children aged 5,8 and 10 but we can make our own entertainment so don't need all singing and dancing ( although swimming would be a bonus)

Anyone seen any good deals anywhere they feel like sharing?

Also we attended our very first bongo bash last year at woodlands that Simon very kindly organised =D> , i wondered if this was likely to take place again as we thought it was fantastic? :D

thanks in anticipation
emma
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: weekends away?

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 am

It'll tot up a little bit with three children but we had a fabulous weekend at Old McDonald's Farm at Porthcothan near Padstow last June and I actually did very little for a change!!!! The campsite fee includes the farm attraction and access is available all day (outside the normal opening hours so great for early risers who want to say good morning to the animals at 6am!!!).

It's a short walk down to a lovely beach (big hill, but regular bus service back up again if required!!)

We're definitely going to do it again this year - probably more than once :D

http://www.oldmacdonalds.co.uk/index.htm
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Post by Sar N Ade » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I have only been here (http://www.brokerswood.co.uk/index.html) on day trips but other bongoers have camped here. A good base for visiting other places too.
No pool though...

Sarah
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Brokerswood is a great site, loads of adventure play stuff in the woods for the kids.

I can also recommend the C&CC Certificated Sites. There's a large network right across the country and we paid £3.50 per night for a pitch in St Agnes, Cornwall, last August.

Great value for a family, and an easy walk onto the village and beach/coast path.
Neil954

Post by Neil954 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:02 am

We stayed here http://www.hoburne.com/blueanchor_main.asp last year for a weekend and will be going back again this year. Its got a pool, an adventure play ground and shop within the grounds, there’s also a pebble beach, a pub and the steam railway close by. (amazing how everything comes to a standstill for the little ones each time a steam train goes past).

The majority of the park is taken up with static caravans but the touring park is of a decent size with electric hook up, shower block, toilets and cleaning facilities all of which are cleaned regularly.

If you go out of high season its not too expensive either, may even be a possible venue for a mini meet??

http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/index.html

Neil and Burnham Bunch.
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:01 am

Bob wrote:Brokerswood is a great site, loads of adventure play stuff in the woods for the kids.
:D I'll second that, the BIG KIDS love it toooooooooooooooo :lol:

Image :P
cheers! party on dudes.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 pm

we jion the camping and carvan culb (c&cc)being great if u use the tmep hoilday site u can pays as little as £2 per nite
as we have do in the past .
we used main camp site out of seson as there prices go down when the summer comes along we do more of the tmep hoilday site with the c&cc last year we spend a week on a prak dean hoilday site in cronwall called Henda there were asking i think about £30 to £35 per nite but cuse the c&cc had tmep hoilday site there in there rally flied we only payed £78.50 for the week still had use of the site like the mian customers and discout of the pool
take it easy drive a bongo
boyfrombrasil
Bongolier

Post by boyfrombrasil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am

Bongo-ing. The beginning of life as Susie and I now know it...
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi all , beasd mr friendee unfortunatley I am not organising a Woodlands meet this year , Brokerswood is a great place but unfortunatley I wont be able to make that one this year either :cry:
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 am

I am unlikely to be going myself, as it's the weekend after Southern Softies and I don't think I could stand the stress of being away two weekends running :wink: BUT Practical Motorhome Magazine have a Readers' Rally on at Stowford Farm in North Devon for the first May Bank Holiday weekend at £29.99 all in. Details at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/rally/index.html
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 am

Alison01326 wrote:I am unlikely to be going myself, as it's the weekend after Southern Softies and I don't think I could stand the stress of being away two weekends running :wink: BUT Practical Motorhome Magazine have a Readers' Rally on at Stowford Farm in North Devon for the first May Bank Holiday weekend at £29.99 all in. Details at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/rally/index.html
I thought the weekend after Southern Softies WAS the early May BH weekend? Have I got something wrong? :?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:32 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:
Alison01326 wrote:I am unlikely to be going myself, as it's the weekend after Southern Softies and I don't think I could stand the stress of being away two weekends running :wink: BUT Practical Motorhome Magazine have a Readers' Rally on at Stowford Farm in North Devon for the first May Bank Holiday weekend at £29.99 all in. Details at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/rally/index.html
I thought the weekend after Southern Softies WAS the early May BH weekend? Have I got something wrong? :?
Yes, the weekend after Southern Softies IS the early May BH weekend, have I phrased something wrong? :?
Alison

alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm

http://www.bigmeadow.co.uk/index.htm

this is a nice small site graet with kid we been here a few times
take it easy drive a bongo
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
Jillygumbo wrote:
Yes, the weekend after Southern Softies IS the early May BH weekend, have I phrased something wrong? :?
I read your post that you couldn't stand the stress of being away 2 weekends running, so was confused when you mentioned the Motorhome Magazine Readers' Rally, then I noticed the wink!! #-o
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Rest of the West”