Sidmouth 2nd Oct: meet at Manor Road carpark, Jacobs ladder

Moderator: Doone

bessie
Bongonaut

Re: Sidmouth 2nd Oct: meet at Manor Road carpark, Jacobs lad

Post by bessie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Thank you all for a great meet best bit for me was leading the convoy back to donkey sanctury. Ha ha

bev and brian
I really want a Bongo Dog....
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks Dave and Rosanne for another great meet, we had a fantastic weekend camped at Charmouth club site and spent saturday fossil hunting on Charmouth beach , finnishing the day off with probably the best fish and chips I've had from Charmouth fish bar made all the better from eating them in the bongo looking out over the sea lit by moonlight spectacular ,
up bright and early on sunday to another fabulous day meeting up with everyone in Sidmouth,before driving in convoy up to the sidmouth donkey sanctuary a great place to visit our family loved the maze a really great time had by all .....now looking forward to the next meet photos to follow
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Glad you had a good meet, but slightly confused, thought the Donkey Sanctuary was closed due to a memorial on sunday - hence I didn't come down & bring my mum :?
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 pm

The Donkey Sanctuary had their Memorial Day on Saturday 1st. The sanctuary was open to the public on that day anyway. Just guessing, but the prospect of camper vans staying overnight worried them into saying it was closed.

They were fine with us visiting and their security guy knew a lot about Bongos and had a guided tour of the ones attending.

Don't blame them as there has been so much trouble with travellers over the last few years. The law makes it very difficult for anyone invaded, so most organisations are desperate to avoid any possibility. Even without this no one in a holiday area wants to be overun with camper vans all Summer.

Its a brilliant place to visit and well worth another meet. Just unfortunate that the local campsites were all booked up due to the hot
weather.

A perfect weekend, many thanks to Janner Vanner, for organising it. Simon's photos speak for themselves about how good it was.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Looks like you all had a fabulous time.

Like Kirsty, I was also confused. The reason that we didn't come was that we were also under the impression that we would not be able to include a visit the Donkey Sanctuary on the Sunday :(
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks to all for your kind words, it turned out to be a perfect week end, fab weather, fab bongoing friends and all turned out well in the end. We stayed on an extra 2 nights taking in Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth. Althought I come from the southwest it's the first time we have visited this area of Devon and was pleasently supprised by all the stunning locations.

I thank Mary for explaining the situation with the Sanctuary. I know it was confusing but it all turned out well in the end.

We would recommend Oakdown campsite as the staff were very friendly and helpfull with top class facilities.

Those in attedance have expressed that the next meeting should be at Stover Park near the Devon Trago. I will research the local campsites and the Park. So keep your eyes on this forum for further updates

Dave
The Janner Vanner
white aero deck

Post by white aero deck » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 pm

sorry to have missed what ounds like a great time. Quite seriously unless oddly masochistic none of you would have wanted the somewhat virulent URTI we both had. Stover Park sounds good I think there is a site there as well so could be good for a meet,this time we will get there.
rob
white aero deck

Post by white aero deck » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm

should read sounds like not ounds like

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”