Falmouth Meet - Sunday 12th December 2010

Moderator: Doone

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Re: Falmouth Meet - Sunday 12th December 2010

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:45 pm

It was nice to meet you T and Charlie, pitty it was so cold, perhaps the weather will be kinder at the next meet. It was good to see you Bob, and a speedy recovery to Mo. You tried your hardest Allison maybe if you put out some more leaflets. Only kidding. We arrived an hour early 10.10, my mistake as Allison said 11 start, anyway the time flew past and we finally called it a day at 3. Frozen to the core, Roseanne is still thawing out here in front of the fire. It was nice to see Allan and Lorna, I hope Allan has finished putting up those Xmas lights.
On the whole not a lot of Bongos but as T said quality not quantity.
The Janner Vanner
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:15 pm

That looks abit like a mazda speed grill Dave :?:
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:43 pm

You knows your Bongos Chris
The Janner Vanner
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Good to meet up with everyone again. 2 years running it's been dry, if not warm. :wink:
I hope Allan has finished putting up those Xmas lights.
Done! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"r
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Thank you all for coming!! It was extremely chilly down in that car park :( but, as Allan says, it was dry and the sun peeped out at 3 ish. It was great to see you all and meet some new peeps.

For those of you who did not attend, we had T and Allan & Lorna from t'other side of the Tamar, Dave (Janner Vanner) & Roseanne from Border Patrol country on the right side of the Tamar, a couple who's names I hope I've remembered (Phil & Jane, I hope) who have just bought their second Bongo (from neighbours of mine), Bob minus Mo (Rooster - hope Mo is feeling a lot better), and us. My friend also came along (not a Bongo owner but sympathetic to the cause!) and my husband joined us in his Ford Siesta :wink: bearing two packets of posh marshmallows.

So three from relatively far away, three from no-distance-at-all away. Maybe I should organise one in warmer weather, but if I am going to stick with the same venue it needs to be between October and April to enable us to park for free!!!

Would anyone else have come had they known it was my Birthday Party?!!! It was last year too and I never told anyone then, either!
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 pm

This may be an incorrect assumption, but from these photos Hoptoad appears to not be a proper toad green. Plum is a great colour for a Bongo, but a toad [-X [-X.

My Mr Toad can at least claim to be the correct green colour, even if not much up on piracy. Your comments :?:
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Dan T

Post by Dan T » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 am

Sorry we didn't make it down but Freda died on the Friday and wasn't fixed 'til the Monday... top hose completely exploded! Fortunately, her indoors stopped straight away so no head damage :-)
T9sus4
Bongolier

Post by T9sus4 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 am

New Forest Terrier wrote:Your comments :?:
Well. It's complicated, see... In the original Swedish, Capt'n Longstocking's ship is called the "Hoppetossa", which is means "foolish/crazy woman". As "tossa" sounds rather like a rude word in English, the translator renamed the ship the "Hoptoad".

My Bongo is named after the ship, not the amphibious animal. 8)
P***AHO - "Hoptoad" - 1997 2.5TD
2WD - AFT - DIY mid conversion

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”