hello everyone .. advice plese ... thanks in advance

Moderator: Doone

bongobrook

hello everyone .. advice plese ... thanks in advance

Post by bongobrook » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:23 pm

hello there lovely people of devon and cornwall ..

we have just come back from our first mission in the bongo .. we loved all 4 days of it ... really wanting to go off again but due to work and kids i will have to wait a while

so i have decided that we want to head to devon and cornwall (in october ).... we have never been to either of these places so im looking for some advice on places to stay and where to go for the views and shops ect ... thanks people .. im so excited :lol:
the smoker

Re: hello everyone .. advice plese ... thanks in advance

Post by the smoker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:35 pm

plymouth is nice . and great for shops.. then pop over to cawsand , looe and polpero.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Welcome, I hope you have a lovely time when you're here. :)
There's INFO HERE, about the South West. If you want more advice, or more specific details, just ask. 8)
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
dext924

Post by dext924 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 pm

we spent some time in Dawlish, at Dawlish Warren, a real nice place and pretty central for a lot of places.
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 am

How long are you staying for?
Do you want to break the journey up ie stop in devon then head into cornwall?
What sort of things do you want to see? nice beach's, hills/moorland or towns?
Ian+R

Post by Ian+R » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 am

I use Dolbeare Caravan & Camping site just in Cornnwall, close to Plymouth, which already has been mentioned, it has stuff for the kids to do, good showers, a shop, no clubhouse so quiet at night, then you can explore Cornwall to your hearts content, best of both worlds really.
Tony C
Bongolier

Post by Tony C » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 am

We often use Bay View caravan park near Looe, if it's views your after it's really spectacular.

Only ten mins drive into Looe or twenty mins into Plymouth, only £13 pn including EUH in September, take a look at the website & check out the webcams.

http://www.looebaycaravans.co.uk/index.html
I intend to live forever - so far, so good!
bongobrook

Post by bongobrook » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

egor617 wrote:How long are you staying for?
Do you want to break the journey up ie stop in devon then head into cornwall?
What sort of things do you want to see? nice beach's, hills/moorland or towns?

oooo thanks for the replys ... yes im thinking 6 or 7 days ..was going to try for weston supermare for one night then move down to devon then cornwall .... i was looking at the bayview place looks really nice .. i wanna see everything lol .. the towns are the views really . wont be doing much of the beach in october i dont think .. thanks for the help people much appreciated
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:26 pm

How about instead of stopping at weston come off the m5 at junction 24 or 25 and heading to exmoor for a night or 2? Then you coud take the coast road into north devon past woolacombe/croyde into cornwall and bude then onto newquay/perranporth and onto st.ives then you could head to lands end and come back along the south coast heading to plymouth?
Exmoor should look good oct as all the leaves will be going golden red.
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I stayed a couple of nights at Salcombe Regis camp site near Sidmouth, nice site, well run and easy access to a secluded beach.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 pm

How about instead of stopping at weston come off the m5 at junction 24 or 25 and heading to exmoor for a night or 2? Then you coud take the coast road into north devon past woolacombe/croyde into cornwall and bude then onto newquay/perranporth and onto st.ives then you could head to lands end and come back along the south coast heading to plymouth?
Exmoor should look good oct as all the leaves will be going golden red.How about instead of stopping at weston come off the m5 at junction 24 or 25 and heading to exmoor for a night or 2? Then you coud take the coast road into north devon past woolacombe/croyde into cornwall and bude then onto newquay/perranporth and onto st.ives then you could head to lands end and come back along the south coast heading to plymouth?
Exmoor should look good oct as all the leaves will be going golden red.
There lots to do and see in Plymouth. From there, you could cross Dartmoor, the landscape is quite different to Exmoor.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
bongobrook

Post by bongobrook » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 pm

so much info .. thanks ... we have no idea with these roads (we rely on the satnav )im getting a bit confused with all the places now i want to go everywhere lol
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:18 pm

How about a combination of mine and doone's ideas?
Come off the m5 and head over the quantock hills then onto minehead exmoor, then head along coast road to woolacombe , then bude, then head back to barnstaple before cutting over dartmoor and ending up in plymouth?
Quite a bit of driving but if the weathers good you could hit the beach's if not you could visit the towns.
If you like any of the idea's i can supply post codes for various campsites, beach, restaraunts.
rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:51 am

If you want to get away from it all go down into deepest darkest Cornwall, go via Dartmoor and Bodmin moor :D
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

It's always rainining on bodmin though.

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”