Learner

Moderator: Doone

blondetop

Learner

Post by blondetop » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Hiya Everyone

This will be our first over nights stay....so I think I will need alot of help in what to buy....still a learner ha ha

Francine x
widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Re: Learner

Post by widdowson2008 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Where are you going?
Steve
casls650
Bongonaut

Post by casls650 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm

blondetop wrote:Hiya Everyone

This will be our first over nights stay....so I think I will need alot of help in what to buy....still a learner ha ha

Francine x
Just three things:

Duvet
Bottle of wine
Cork screw.

I am a learner too, and I bought a Motorhomes checklist off the Motorhome fun forum. It is well worth it as it gives different scenarios and makes you think.

What ever you take, I hope it is fun

Cas x
gavin
Bongonaut

Post by gavin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 am

Dont panic, just make it up as you go along. Trial and error is part of the fun :) ! As long as you are warm and dry the rest doesn't really matter
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am

You'll be warm and dry in the Bongo, so wine for the evening, a method of making tea in the morning, away you go.

You'll soon find what you need and what you don't.

Have a great time. :D
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:48 pm

A woolly hat to keep you warm in bed, and some toasty socks. And some wellies or crocs for stepping out onto wet grass in the morning. Yes, you'll look terrible but there's always someone who looks worse than you do on a campsite first thing in the morning (it might even be me :lol: )

And, look here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 15&start=0
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Alison01326 wrote:A woolly hat to keep you warm in bed, and some toasty socks. And some wellies or crocs for stepping out onto wet grass in the morning. Yes, you'll look terrible but there's always someone who looks worse than you do on a campsite first thing in the morning (it might even be me :lol: )

I hope you'll be wearing more than that when you step out on the wet grass. :shock:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 pm

scanner wrote:
Alison01326 wrote:A woolly hat to keep you warm in bed, and some toasty socks. And some wellies or crocs for stepping out onto wet grass in the morning. Yes, you'll look terrible but there's always someone who looks worse than you do on a campsite first thing in the morning (it might even be me :lol: )

I hope you'll be wearing more than that when you step out on the wet grass. :shock:
Heavens, yes! If not for the sake of decency I'd have about fifteen layers on as I firmly believe I may have been some sort of reptile or other cold blooded creature in a previous life :lol: I usually leave a couple of layers off in Summer, and maybe up to five layers in foreign climes :lol:

Incidentally, how many layers will I need for Cambridgeshire this weekend. 15 or 20? It's very cold here (6 degrees today in the sunshine, and 2 degrees overnight).
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
Incidentally, how many layers will I need for Cambridgeshire this weekend. 15 or 20? It's very cold here (6 degrees today in the sunshine, and 2 degrees overnight).
No idea, it was cold last night & we had a frost.

As the "high" seems to be set over this area for a while yet it could be even colder by the weekend.

If so bring your skates as they might have flooded the Washes for skating.
bessie
Bongonaut

Post by bessie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Hiya

Where and when are you going.........

Just remember the teabags.....

Bev
I really want a Bongo Dog....
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi bessie, yep got to agree tea bags and milk can't go wrong :D see meet details at top of page Woodlands may 2010
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Three Bongo essentials

Torch - for finding the Bongo after an evening in the pub and of course the loo later

Towel - many uses and nothings worse than finding you forgot it when you are cold and damp

Thermos - fill with coffee the night before and you can have a cuppa in bed in the morning before you do battle with the gas ring
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Gungadon

Post by Gungadon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Hello New Forest Terrier

Thermos! what a brilliant suggestion - I never thought of that! =D> Good for when you get too cold in the night as well, especially if you have some scottish milk to hand.... :wink:
Shirley
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi Shirley, we hope you'll be at the Southern Softies next month, we're looking fiorward to the meet.
Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Dave, nice to see you back on the forum, wondered where you had disappeared to. Jo. See you in April.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”