Fitted Rear Bar

Moderator: Doone

Ian+R

Fitted Rear Bar

Post by Ian+R » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:16 am

This is a BIG THANK YOU to Allan (Allans Vehicle Services, Plymouth Area) for fitting my rear bar for me on Saturday morning, that man can do anything. He has even stopped all my beeping as it was driving me crazy, what did we do before beepers I think it was called Remember to take the keys out, Remember to switch off the lights & as you wont know you had the door open with the draft is causes. Thanks again Al. Now I just need "end caps" for it. I believe 'Kirsty' was down to see Al wee while ago and got some for her rear bar, so if you see this Kirsty, could you please ask from me where you got them, Al thought it was B&Q but couldnt remember what or where in the store, =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder

Re: Fitted Rear Bar

Post by stilldesperate » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:03 am

Ian+R wrote: FITTED REAR BAR
A true Scot! Hope you'll stock it with Tennants and Morgans, Ian! :D

SD
"The older I get, the faster I was"

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Ian+R wrote:This is a BIG THANK YOU to Allan (Allans Vehicle Services, Plymouth Area) for fitting my rear bar for me on Saturday morning, that man can do anything. He has even stopped all my beeping as it was driving me crazy, what did we do before beepers I think it was called Remember to take the keys out, Remember to switch off the lights & as you wont know you had the door open with the draft is causes. Thanks again Al. Now I just need "end caps" for it. I believe 'Kirsty' was down to see Al wee while ago and got some for her rear bar, so if you see this Kirsty, could you please ask from me where you got them, Al thought it was B&Q but couldnt remember what or where in the store, =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The end caps that Alan is talking about are on my B&Q aerial pole side bars, they are the chrome plug jobbies that you use to cove the spare tap hole when you fit a sink (idea copied from Daveblueozzie if I remember right - couldn't find the thread though), not sure if they'll be the right size for the rear bar. They just need a bit of trimming on the fitting & I siliconed them in place. Haven't got any photo's, but there is a thread somewhere courtesy of Daveblueozzie & Bigdaddycain I think.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm

They just need a bit of trimming on the fitting & I siliconed them in place.
They look the business Kirsty.
Remember the bongo with the oil filled radiator? That's up and running, all going well again.
This is a BIG THANK YOU to Allan (Allans Vehicle Services, Plymouth Area) for fitting my rear bar for me on Saturday morning, that man can do anything.
Thanks Ian.
I've put up photos of your bar , with the basic fitting instructions.
It's on the 'bongo spec' page of my website, if you want to see it.
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 pm

missfixit70 wrote: there is a thread somewhere courtesy of Daveblueozzie & Bigdaddycain I think.

:wink:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =+end+caps
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:05 am

This was the one I was thinking of for the shiny caps & side bars - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 44&t=23144
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Ian+R

Post by Ian+R » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:39 am

Cheers Guys & Girls will get up to B&Q asap, Thanks for all your help :D :D :D =D> =D> =D>
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Did you see the big front lights on ours? Pretty unmissable aren't they. :) Al came home last night with a new chrome rear bar (like yours) and some side steps from a scrapper he just got in. 8) Fitting them will keep him busy.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Ian+R

Post by Ian+R » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:37 pm

I loved the spots(blinded & it was daylight at the time) & the 'A' frame, could he find 2 sets of side bars that would have been lovely, I'm sure he goes to the great Bongo Graveyard in the sky, as long as you can drive there. Well Done, keep ScoBo II in mind next time=D> =D> =D> Did the people turn with the ramp after being let down?
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes the ramps here. He's very happy, it's taken AGES to find one to fit the space. It's being fitted tomorrow, that'll save his knees a bit. 8)
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 am

I really don't know how Allan finds the time to do all these jobs, I could have saved him some time as I thought I was in with a chance of getting those side steps off that scrappie Allan bought on Monday. I had just pop in to say Hi and that i'm back on the road again. My heart sank when I looked over and saw that Allans Bongo didn't have any. So i'm still looking for a set. Will I ever get them.
The workshop is getting there, and once the ramps are up it's Allan won't know himself.
The Janner Vanner
Ian+R

Post by Ian+R » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:54 am

Good to hear your up & running again, Janner Vanner
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 pm

It's good to know you are up and about again Ed.
My heart sank when I looked over and saw that Allans Bongo didn't have any.
:lol: I didn't want them but Al seems kinda attached to them, I'm sorry! I'll search the 'bongo graveyard in the sky' for side steps and rear ladders. 8)

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”