Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Moderator: Doone

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Looking forward to meeting you Tim. Yours won't be the only new face - and anyway, strangers are only friends you haven't met yet (and there's none stranger than folk on here anyway!!!!)
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:48 am

HI again Alison.

Now your birthday has been posted on the forum you might be in for some surprises. LOOK OUT FOR TRICKS BEING PLAYED :shock:
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Nice one Alison and a Very Happy Birthday too. Thanks for organising todays meet and ordering in the weather of course, which was absolutley gooorgeous!!

Have just got home after leading a 6 or 7 Bongo convoy from Falmouth to St Austell. Nerve racking experience. Apologies to the convoy for causing a near pile up as i entered a lay-by to shake off a mere mortal of a car which was stuck behind me. You lot weren't meant to follow i was simply going in and coming out again. Still we survived it. Well you lot did.

It was good to see members new and old and particulary those of you who travelled in from Devon, Jo, John, Dave and Lorna & Allan. Lovely to see Lorna and Allan as we all know how busy Allan normally is, and finds it difficult to get away from repairing our Bongo's. Dave (Janner Vanner) fantastic to see you looking so well and extremely pleased that the operation was a success. :D

Thanks Mo for leading us out on the coastal walk. Lovely part of the county. Stunning views. Bryher enjoyed her brief surf and the bloke who went in for swim? (without wetsuit) Brrr!!!!

And of course not to forget our Volkswagen freinds who turned up in a variety of VW's and shared the car park with us. Some nice splitties and bay windows. Looked pretty good actually. Hope they enjoyed the, 'My Other car is a Bongo' bumper stickers we left under the wiper blade of each VW. We never saw their reactions, as we left before they got back. I bet they never imagined getting a Christmas present from their Bongo compatriates!!!

Another thoroughly enjoyable day meet and we look forward to the next meet. :D :D :D :D
"Living the Dream"
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Sounds like you all had a good day, I was in Plymouth last night but had to get home for Lunchtime, so I had to give your meet a miss...which was a shame....perhaps another time.... and for a change .....it wasn't raining =D> =D> like is usually is when I'm down you way in the summer... [-X
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:26 pm

What a grand sounding meet. There was talk of a biting wind in SW UK but obviously not =D>

Happy Birthday (again!) Alison

Hope you had a purringly good trip back from the rain sodden SW to sun drenched Eastern Counties Mike :lol:
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Just had a call from Freewheeler, he got most confused when I "guessed" right, who was leading the convoy :lol:
Last edited by missfixit70 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Big thanks to Alison for organising the meet , thanks Tim for the Bongo goodies, thanks Allan for the advice and the selection boxes and it was great to meet up with old faces and new had a lovely afternoon and to finnish off the convoy all the way back to St.Austell =D> =D> =D>

and the vee dubs that gate crashed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh nearly forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISON
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Great success for your first daymeet Alison. Didn't know it was your birthday so will wish you a belated Happy Birthday now.

Full house Saturday night, 3 Bongos on the drive, another one Sunday morning for coffee. Then convoy down to Gyllyngvase Beach. Really good day, weather couldn't have been better. Met lots of old friends and also made some new ones. Really good day.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

You Lucky People. You had all the good weather. We have had so much rain we are going to build an ARK tomorrow.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi folks, got home saftly after leading the convoy from St.Austell to Trulefoot. I got home and unloaded the Bongo, put the heating on and fell asleep, exhausted after such a fab week end, I must admit i'm not back to full fitness yet. However, I thought i'd better post just incase anyone got worried why I hadn't.

Firstly thanks to Bob and Mo for your hospitality, I enjoyed you company so much, I must start getting week end meets on the go again for the happy wanderers.
Thanks to Alison for making it happen and Happy Birthday. Thanks to who ever orginised the weather, it made a change from the usuall liquid kind we have had of late, and finally thanks to all of you who turned up. Oh! and thanks Tim for confusing 3 of your convoy into thinking what the hell is going on at that lay-by. You indecated so I followed, anyway thanks for the goodies, and thanks Allan for the chocs.
Sorry I missed you leaving Jo, will email you that pix soon, have a Merry Christmas and see at New Year,
I havn't looked at the pix yet so will post them later.

bye for now from a happy but knackered Janner Vanner
The Janner Vanner
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 pm

samuel wrote:
Hope they enjoyed the, 'My Other car is a Bongo' bumper stickers we left under the wiper blade of each VW. We never saw their reactions, as we left before they got back. I bet they never imagined getting a Christmas present from their Bongo compatriates!!!

Class, top class!!

=D> =D> =D>
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
davetheclockman
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by davetheclockman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Hello everybody,just a few lines to say how much we enjoyed our first meet,Well done to Alison and a belated Happy Birthday,if we had known we could have had a double celebration as it was also my wife Marjories birthday.Sorry we had to leave you and go shopping but needs must.Lots of very nice people it seems and looking forward to the next meet where we can talk Bongos and spend a little more time with you Bongonauts. Cheers for now Dave D.
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks to Alison for organising this. It was good to say Happy Birthday in person.

We got held up, got there after 12 and missed some people. But it was great to see old faces and meet some new ones.
No rain; Blue sky but pretty cold, the wife wore 5 layers to stay warm! She loved Tims dog, lucky she didn't take her home with us. Thanks for the goodies Tim.
The run back was good. I was last in the convoy and able to let everyone back out of the layby. 8) Tim and Simon peeled off at St Austell, Dave led the way to Trerulefoot, then it was a grey P reg (didn't see who was driving), Mainy and me back to Plymouth.

The wife took a few photos, here are 3 of them. (My Freda's 3rd from the left in the first shot).

Roll on Saltram!
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 am

Well, what a great weekend. Lovely to see old friends and meet new people. (Glad you made it, Simon and Julie.) Thanks for the wonderful hospitality, Mo and Bob. What a smashing time we had at yours, (and 'that bed', best night's kip in ages). Great to see you looking more like your old self Dave, sorry i didn't wait to join you all in convoy but I wanted to get back home in daylight. (Bad memories of breaking down in the dark on the dreaded A39 last December.) Tim, thanks for the 'goodies', you are a star. Last, but certainly not least, thanks to Alison for organising the meet (and the weather). It was worth the drive from Paignton. ps. Loved the walk to that beach, Mo, thanks for taking us.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:23 am

Sorry folks but Photobucket just refuses to let me up load pix, the program just keeps crashing on me. It also looks as if i'm in for a new laptop as i've overflowed the hard drive, could by why it's so slow and the lid has come away from one of the hinges.
My pix are much the same as the ones already posted except for the mini meet at Bob and Mo's.
Jo, don't worry i'll get the pix you want to you somehow,
Dave
The Janner Vanner

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”