Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Moderator: Doone

TINCA TINCA

Re: Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Post by TINCA TINCA » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:26 am

Good morning

Sounds like your laptop is having a pre-Christmas wobbler. "Lid coming away from hinges" etc :shock: :shock: . Laptops are getting cheaper and cheaper now so perhaps Santa will bring you one if you have been good all year. :lol: :lol:
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Dave, got your PM. Many thanks. I have replied. 'Memory full' after one pic at Mo's. That threw me. I will try to be more organised and 'dump' pics regularly.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
mainy

Post by mainy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi All.

Great meet enjoyed the company and the convoy home. Looking forward to saltram on the 17th.

Thank for the day.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Dave and Jo, we were very pleased to have you stay on the Saturday, it made the weekend more special. Thanks for the gifts you both brought and for making Saturday evening so pleasant.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Sorry I'm so late with this one - it's been a Very Bad Week Indeed. Thank you all so much for coming on Sunday. I expected a few people to turn out on a chilly Sunday close to Christmas but was delighted at the large turnout and also the distance that some of you were prepared to come. I'm sorry that I didn't own up to it being my birthday (Lorna spotted that one on the forum before she left home) but as that wasn't the reason I organised the meet for that particular day I didn't think it was relevant

Anyway, for better or worse, here's my photos

Regardless of my secrecy, it really was a lovely way to spend my birthday even though it was jolly nippy. Was it just me who saw those 10 or so mad students go in for a swim? I think that was when some of you were enjoying your coast walk. We'll move along a bit next year, and meet at Swanpool beach so we can all walk to Maenporth. Bit further, but even more stunning :D
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 am

Gorgeous photos Alison....

Is that ISAAC trying to make a break for freedom on a the first two pictures :shock: :lol: The second picture is when you have realised you are taking a picture of your beloved SON and nearly drop the camera :shock:

Apologies if it is a Mobility Scooter to anyone left it parked there. #-o #-o

You had the weather well sorted for your BIRTHDAY.

When you mentioned the students going for a dip....reminded me of that advert where two (STUDENT LOOKING PEOPLE....or maybe just FOOLHARDY YOUNG PEOPLE) sit in a car and some smashing music plays and OFF THEY GO WITH GAY (MEANT IN THE OLD FASHIONED WAY) ABANDON INTO THE SEA....STARKERS. Anyone done that?

Hope your BAD week has been and gone Alison. Wondered why you were not chatting so much.

Take care and have a good Christmas.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:34 am

Marjie, that is a pushchair!! Isaac would have shown up as a blur!! Actually he was behind me somewhere playing on the grass with his little mate Billy, and the pushchair belonged to Billy's sister who wasn't in it at the time. The reason for the sloping photo was that I was balanced on the top of a slope and was trying to keep my footing :lol: :lol:

A mass dip in the sea is a bit unusual but there are plenty of folk in Falmouth who swim all year round. It's rare to pass the beaches of a morning and not see someone having a dip.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:51 am

Great photos Alison, really shows people how pretty Falmouth is. I think Swanpool next time would be ideal, and it's such a lovely walk to Maenporth, though at about 2½ miles each way there are some who won't be able to manage that. Hope your week has improved now. Hope to see you at Nadelik on Sunday. Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Great pix Alison, I hope your're week improves now that the week end is with us. Yep! I'm back online, i've got my new laptop, and what a difference. It's so fast, it just goes to show how far computers have come in the 4 years i've had the ol one, nothing seems to be future proof anymore. However, photobucket is still mucking about, but i'll get there in the end.

PS Jo i've e-mailed you.
The Janner Vanner
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Okay Dave, many thanks. Pleased to hear about your new toy.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”