Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Moderator: Doone

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:50 am

Nothing like grabbing the bull by the horns and making a decision, is there!!??

I shall be in Gyllyngvase Beach Car Park, Falmouth at 11am on Sunday 13th December 2009. Anyone want to join me?! Does "Christmas Party in the (Car) Park" sound more appealing?

I have had to check with the police that we can meet there, as there is a seasonal dispersal order in place (which will have expired) and the neighbours get a bit twitchy about groups of people congregating so we will have to behave ourselves :lol: :lol: The car park is normally free in the Winter, but it wouldn't surprise me if now that the County Council has taken it over there'll be a charge for parking.

As it's still only August, there's plenty of time to publicise this amongst non Bongo Fury / forum members, so lets see just how many Bongos and Fredas we can collect in one place.

We could put on our Father Christmas hats, etc and weather permitting, how about going to Gyllyngvase Beach for a picnic lunch/barbecue and having a few beach games for the kids? The volleyball net is usually up all year round too. For the less hardy amongst you, Gyllyngvase Beach cafe will doubtless be open as will the various hotel bars in the vicinity for hot drinks and roast dinners!!

Any takers? Suggestions? Comments?
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
not so old
Supreme Being

Re: Day Meet, Falmouth - Sunday 13th December 2009

Post by not so old » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm

That sounds really good Allison,and a lovely location. Xmas, mince pie picnic on the beach .. Lovely :D but unfortunately, too far away from us :( or I would be there, for sure!
Cheers Anna
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
Mike Jill and Emily

Post by Mike Jill and Emily » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh we would so love to come down near Christmas - but it is a bit far for a short stay :cry: :cry: :cry:

However - we will be there in mind so please have a mince pie and a slice of cake for us - and we hope you have good weather on the day =D>

M, J n E
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys! So far, then it's me and Isaac in person, five in spirit - so one packet of six mince pies between us is three each for real people and my imaginary friends can get their own. What do you say - all have a mince pie at 11.30? :D
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 pm

This was mentioned as soon as I got home. The roast dinner sounds tempting. It's a definite maybe, weather permitting. Alison bring the flyers when I service your Bongo. I will hand them out to my customers.
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Add my name to the list Alison, however, i'm due to have surgery on my back sometime soon. I see my surgon next week to talk things out, so it all depends on when and how long after surgery i'll not be able to drive. I'll keep you posted,
Dave
The Janner Vanner
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh ****, gutted :cry: that week saturday is my day off and the following week on the sunday we are even in Falmouth for Nadelik at Pendennis sounds fantastic as well :( :(
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
marc&jane

Post by marc&jane » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 am

Well done Alison - looking forward to it already.

Marc & Jane

=D>
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53 am

edward holman wrote:Add my name to the list Alison, however, i'm due to have surgery on my back sometime soon. I see my surgon next week to talk things out, so it all depends on when and how long after surgery i'll not be able to drive. I'll keep you posted,
Dave
Hope the surgery goes well, and does the trick, and that you're back on your feet soon after. Zigi (my husband) has just decided that he's had enough waiting and wanted to see the consultant privately - he's had a letter back with a few prices on it (£200 for consultation and £300 for MRI) so we're busy saving up at the moment!!!
bongoing-mad-simon wrote:Oh ****, gutted :cry: that week saturday is my day off and the following week on the sunday we are even in Falmouth for Nadelik at Pendennis sounds fantastic as well :( :(
Isaac will be singularly unimpressed by that piece of news. Will have to try and meet up at Pendennis. Can't really change the date as I've picked that one to fit in with someone else, and the following week may be too close to Christmas and some people may be going away.
marc&jane wrote:Well done Alison - looking forward to it already.

Marc & Jane

=D>
Excellent - so am I. Hope it's half decent weather [-o<
Alison

rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:40 pm

We can probably make it Alison, too far away to be able to say for certain, but all being well............

We are also at Nadelik the week after with Simon and Julie, their kids and Jo (Violet Bongo) so perhaps we will see you there.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 pm

rooster wrote:We can probably make it Alison, too far away to be able to say for certain, but all being well............

We are also at Nadelik the week after with Simon and Julie, their kids and Jo (Violet Bongo) so perhaps we will see you there.

Mo
Are you going to Looe? I see the same Bongos around every time I go out, but have only ever spotted yours once. Beginning to think you are avoiding me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alison

rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:13 pm

As if, Alison!!! [-X

I'm out and about a lot, on foot, and always look for you, but never see you. And whenever we go to Lidls or Asda we always look for your Bongo. We seem fated never to meet, so we'll have to make your December day meet!

We have left it too late to book for Looe, for family reasons we couldn't book earlier, but we may come along for the day, or possibly camp somewhere near if we can find another site, so hopefully we will see you and all our friends then.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
bessie
Bongonaut

Post by bessie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Count us in......Anything to do with Christmas I will be there............. :D :D :D

Bev and Brian
I really want a Bongo Dog....
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:11 am

Hi Alison, it's looking good for Falmouth as I have now got a date for my back op, which is the 29th of this month. A month off driving and so long I look after myself and all goes well I'll be back on the road again, so yes, we'll be there
The Janner Vanner
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 am

Dave, best of luck from us, hope all goes well.

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”