CARDINHAM WOODS Day Meet BBQ - Saturday 30th May

Moderator: Doone

richwill
Bongonaut

Re: CARDINHAM WOODS Day Meet BBQ - Saturday 30th May

Post by richwill » Fri May 29, 2009 4:25 pm

We will be staying at Old Macdonalds farm over towards Newquay and may pay you all a visit. If not have a good day.
Cheers Rich
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Fri May 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Come on over Rich. You will be guaranteed a warm welcome.

If you can't make it then have good holiday. :D :D :D :D
"Living the Dream"
Roberus
Bongonaut

Post by Roberus » Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Sorry all. Will not now be attending.
Tin Tin shall rise again!
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sat May 30, 2009 1:30 am

Alison01326 wrote:Went out without invites on the day I saw two parked Bongos but have issued two verbal invitations!! One of them may be coming (if they remember). Otherwise have seen loads more Bongos than usual on the road but haven't been able to catch them - who's going to volunteer to stand on the A30 with a big sandwich board tomorrow? :lol:

Looks like we're going to have a great turnout though. Foggy here now - hope weather forecast is right about tomorrow.

Really looking forward to it.
lol Alison and theirs me thinking you said you were anti social ha ha :lol: =D>
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sat May 30, 2009 1:35 am

Have a fab time you guys would love to be joining you. But friends of ours with a bongo are kidnapping us both on a mystery weekend so could end up anywhere lol have a great time. gonna be a scorcher so dont forget the suncream... :) :) especially the ickle onesxx
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat May 30, 2009 9:11 am

Nice one Bongo Louis. Never know. The mystery tour might take you to Cardinham Woods.

All packed now. Will beleaving very soon.

Roberus. Sorry to hear you can't make it. Next time!!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Weather forecast - SCORCHING!!!! : :oops:
Cheers

Tim
"Living the Dream"
marc&jane

Post by marc&jane » Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 pm

We have just got back from a great afternoon at Cardinham Woods. It was good to see all the Bongos together. Looking forward to the next meet.

Regards,

Marc, Jane and Sam

=D>
dewalt28

Post by dewalt28 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:21 pm

we had a great time too and what a lovely sunny day too lol
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 pm

So disappointed we couldn't make it but Bob had to work at the last minute. I'm sure you all had a wonderful time, we are looking forward to seeing the photos.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

A cracking day out. Amazing weather, wonderful company and a beautiful location. Thanks Samuel, for getting us all together (don't quite know why I didn't thank you in person :oops:)
rooster wrote:So disappointed we couldn't make it but Bob had to work at the last minute. I'm sure you all had a wonderful time, we are looking forward to seeing the photos. Mo
Was looking forward to meeting you, Mo. You could have had a lift with us had I known (but how could I have?!). I understand you sing - would have been great to have had a singalong in the back instead of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang soundtrack again. Really must fit those rear speakers so I don't hear it so clearly :lol:

Photos herewith as slideshow (although individual pics can be viewed on photobucket too). Not many Bongo pics, just general photos of a lovely day out.

Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 am

Glad you all had such a good day, and what perfect weather! I was thinking of you all, sitting in the garden while poor Bob had to work all day. Still never mind, there are always plenty of get-togethers during the year.

No Alison, I don't sing, don't know who told you that. I play the keyboard and we have some good singalongs when we all get together. I'm sure we'll meet up soon.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm

On the way back to Falmouth from Kingsbridge, at about 4.30 this afternoon (Sunday), we saw five Bongos heading towards the Plymouth area (all of them acknowledged us). Were you all coming from Cardinham?
bessie
Bongonaut

Post by bessie » Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Thank you all for making us feel so welcome looking forward to the next meet..

Bev and Brian :D
I really want a Bongo Dog....
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun May 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Had a great day thanks to all that were there
Deffinatly worth the drive

Stayed at Mena at Lanivet, nice site and friendly owners on saturday and came home this afternoon,scorching weekend with great company.

Hope to come down again soon and stay at Mena again do more of the tourist thing.

See as many as possible at the main bash
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 am

Good morning fellow Cardinham Bongoliers

Thank you for making Saturday a cracking day. I think everybody enjoyed themselves. The weather was totally tropical and the kids had a whale of a time in the river!!

Sorry Bob and Mo couldn't make it. Big thanks to those who made it from afar particularly Weston Warrior and family from WSM, Bessie and family from Exeter and of course our friends from Plymouth, Devon and way down west Kernow.

A total of 16 Bongo's attended with one visitor, Sylvia, stopping for a while with a package to be relayed on to Tywardreath. Making it 17!!

The local constabulary happened to stumble upon our party and told us that a colleague of their's had recently picked up a Bongo and thats all he talks about. He's driving them nuts with it!

Will post some pictures later.

Here's to the next time. Cheers.

Tim
"Living the Dream"

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”