CARDINHAM WOODS Day Meet BBQ - Saturday 30th May

Moderator: Doone

samuel
Bongolier

CARDINHAM WOODS Day Meet BBQ - Saturday 30th May

Post by samuel » Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Cardinham Woods near Bodmin - 10.00am on until whenever! - BBQ - Saturday 30th May
Right lets go for it. After last years successful meet at Cardinham Woods and much pestering from my peers its time for another day meet at this wonderful location. Last year we had 13 Bongos turn out! This is a beautiful setting and there are a number of walks/bike rides suitable for the not so able up to the Ranulph Fiennes types amongst you.

The intention is to have a barbecue at midday on the green next to the River Fowey. We can park next to the BBQ area if we are early enough. There are ready built barbecues on the green, so bring either your disposable BBQ or a bag of briquettes/charcoal. Oh and something to cook on it :D !

There is ample parking and (don't quote me, i think it is the same as last year) there is a small charge of £2.00 for all day parking. Thats brilliant value. There are toilets in the car park and a cafe provides drinks, ices, snacks and cake.

The green provides a lovely area for the kids to play and adults to relax. It is located next to a small River Fowey and the kids love it!! Dogs are of course welcome as well.

Hopefully we can get another good turn out. Some members actually use the weekend to camp out at a nearby site. They will no doubt pass details onto those who are interested in staying in the area for the weekend.

For new members, please come along you will be made most welcome.

Come on. What are you waiting for? Get your names down.

Cardinham Woods near Bodmin - 10.00am on until whenever! - BBQ - Saturday 30th May
"Living the Dream"
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: CARDINHAM WOODS Day Meet BBQ - Saturday 30th May

Post by Alison01326 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Splendid news :D Isaac and I will be there and I'm looking forward to it already. Thanks =D>
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Cor beat me to it then alison, thought I was going to be the first on the list :lol: , pop us on the list Timothy can't wait :D :D :D ,
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
bessie
Bongonaut

Post by bessie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Very new to all this. Would love to attend.

Bev :D
I really want a Bongo Dog....
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 am

of course we'll be there, nice one Tim. Flyers being printed as we speak.
The Janner Vanner
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu May 14, 2009 11:15 am

Count us in Tim, had a great time last year. Looking forward to meeting the new members we missed out on at Woodlands.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Blossom

Post by Blossom » Thu May 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Aww sounds like fun - sadly I have no Bongo :( Hope you all have a great day though :)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu May 14, 2009 3:44 pm

There is a Camping and Caravaning club site in Bodmin, we stayed there last year after the meet with a few fellow Bongliers, and went out for Sunday lunch before setting out for home.
I thought i'd add this just in case anyone wanted to come from afar.
The Janner Vanner
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu May 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Blossom , why dont you come along you would be able to have a better look at everyones bongos (in the daylight LOL)and get to chat to some great people.
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

bongoing-mad-simon wrote:Hi Blossom , why dont you come along you would be able to have a better look at everyones bongos (in the daylight LOL)and get to chat to some great people.
Well, you beat me to it on that one, Simon :D

Yes, Blossom, I was about to say the same thing. Come on down - it is a public car park after all, so don't be shy about coming to see us :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Thu May 14, 2009 6:50 pm

will check out the camping
apart from club sites any worth looking at?
marc&jane

Post by marc&jane » Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Dear All,

We are really keen to attend, just have to try and arrange the time off work. If we can make it then it will be after 2:30pm but I guess the BBQ's will still be going ?
[-o<

Marc and Jane (and Sam)
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks Guys. Looks like we won't be the 'Billy-No-Friends-Family' after all.

Dear Bessie and Blossom please come along. You will be made most welcome.

Hopefully Rob (Weston Warrior) and Marc and Jane can make it.

Edward Holman (Dave) is your man for details about the nearby campsite.

Lovely to see Alison & Gang, Bob & Mo, Dave & Roseanne and Simon & Gang can make it.

Great early response. Thanks Guys and i am certain will be joined by many more.

Please let your friends know who aren't necessarily frequent visitors to the forum.

Cheers for now

Tim
"Living the Dream"
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:01 pm

samuel wrote:Thanks Guys. Looks like we won't be the 'Billy-No-Friends-Family' after all.

Dear Bessie and Blossom please come along. You will be made most welcome.

Hopefully Rob (Weston Warrior) and Marc and Jane can make it.

Edward Holman (Dave) is your man for details about the nearby campsite.

Lovely to see Alison & Gang, Bob & Mo, Dave & Roseanne and Simon & Gang can make it.

Great early response. Thanks Guys and i am certain will be joined by many more.

Please let your friends know who aren't necessarily frequent visitors to the forum.

Cheers for now

Tim
Won't be me "and gang" just me and Isaac as beloved will be at work. I'm looking forward to meeting you and everyone else I was too anti-social to talk to at Woodlands :oops: (or maybe I did talk to you but didn't know who I was talking to :oops: ) and also all those who weren't at Woodlands (Bob & Mo, I've been told I MUST know you because we live in the same town. Think I may have seen Bob in Lidl's car park the other week - process of deduction - a Rooster on the bonnet of the Bongo? Mine was silver and parked so badly it was almost sideways!! Likewise, Tim, saw yours in the car park up Pendennis Point the other week but didn't actually know whose it was till last weekend)

Anyway, Tim, as for letting friends know, Edward Holman, Doone & myself have been discussing on another thread (which you may well have read) about putting invitations on parked Bongos which we find to alert them both to the upcoming meet (this one, and any future ones which take place), the forum and the Club itself. So hopefully it won't just be old friends, but friends we haven't met yet.
Alison

scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu May 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Well we won't be able to make the 360mile trek to meet you all again this year as it's 4 weeks too late.

We made the annual(ish) pilgrimage to Tywardreath over the last Bank Holiday - so please accept my apologies for 2009.

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”