WOODLANDS 2009

Moderator: Doone

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: WOODLANDS 2009

Post by missfixit70 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 am

And the next lot, click on the pic for a slideshow

You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 am

and a few more, click on the pic for a slideshow

missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:36 am

& some more, think this is the last lot, click on the pic for a slideshow

And a few leftover photo's that wouldn't fit

Brill photos as usual Haydn =D> glad you didn't send me all 690 to put up though :shock: :lol:
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 am

HAYDN you are a star, how lucky we are to have you as a friend within the Bongoing community. You excell with each meet. I should have been a little more patient, me thinks. What great pix, and thanks Kirsty for uploading them. Plus thanks to everyone else that posted their pix.

PS who brought the yankie van along? I wanted one just like that but then I found the Bongo ticked all the boxes for UK roads and Cornish lanes. Yank, big engine, left hooker, no aft, hefty Ins, poor build and all that faded wood. The BONGO won hands down.
The Janner Vanner
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Wed May 13, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Dave, havn't seen you and Rosanne for ages hope your both well.

Stallion (The Chevy) Paul and Angie my friends and bongo friends ,bigger engine but better fuel economy than my bongo any ways, full leather interior ,bed at the touch of a button 8) and come on dave you just love wood trim :D ,if I wasn't Bongo mad I'd be tempted myself
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 am

Wow!!!! What a fantastic collection of memories you've captured Haydn. Thanks ever so much. I can't echo Dave's comments enough, it really is a priveledge to have someone capture all these photos and then for someone to take the time to put the links up...

...thanks Haydn and thanks Kirsty =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed May 13, 2009 10:23 am

Superb collection of photos Haydn, and well done Kirsty getting them all on the forum. I loved the photos of Kirsty working her magic, will be downloading some of those to my hard disk. Sorry we missed it, promise we'll be there next year, complete with keyboard! Lovely to see you for ten minutes in Padstow yesterday Simon and look forward to seeing everybody again soon, hopefully at Cardinham Woods?? Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
alans00ty5
Bongolier

Post by alans00ty5 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:58 pm

great pics haydn.here is some of ours not the same quality as haydns. http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv26 ... w&hewest=1
Last edited by alans00ty5 on Wed May 13, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2wd white v6 what alovely mover.
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Sorry this posting is so late Simon, you know that I am without a computer at the mo. I have borrowed my daughters laptop for an hour (or two). Simon and Julie, what more can be said? It was a great weekend (too short for me), and you put so much into it. Not just organising it but you do your very best to look after everyone from start to finish. It was a bonus to spend the day in the park with you all. Lovely to meet you, Anthony and Lyndsay, and your lovely children, thanks for keeping us warm with your barbie on Saturday night. Also nice to meet Alison and family who were pitched next to me. Hope to see you all at lots more rallies. Dave, if you had seen the Chevy, you might have changed your mind. It was gorgeous. My son in law had one for years, and I loved it. Paul and Angie it was great to see you again, I might ask you if I can drive it round the site next time I see you. Thanks Kirsty for whatever you did to my van, you are a gem. And Haydn, no need to say what I think of your pics, you already know. If I gave you a 60 year old 'Brownie' you would still work your magic. Wonderful.
Some lovely people were missing, you all know who you are, hope to see you very soon. p.s. Thankyou to all who let us see their pics, memories of a great weekend.
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
alans00ty5
Bongolier

Post by alans00ty5 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm

[quote="alans00ty5"]great pics haydn.here is some of ours not the same quality as haydns. http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv26 ... =slideshow
2wd white v6 what alovely mover.
Stallion (The Chevy)

Post by Stallion (The Chevy) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Dave,
The "Yankie van" has been to a couple of Bongo meets now, all the other Bongoers ive met think its a great van, Ive even had offers from Bongo mad people for it. As Simon has already said the fuel econemy is excellent, Roche to Woodlands and back on a quarter tank, it beats a lot of cars off the lights and has a good top end not bad for a 4.5 V6. The build quality is superb its a 13 year old van with not a sign of rust, It has flew through two MOT's without even an observation to speak of, the only money ive wasted on it was my membership to the AA, can you really say that about a Bongo? (Apologies Bongoers) Ive been driving around the Cornish country lanes for a couple of years on the wrong side and havent even scratched my mirrors up to now. I do like Bongos I think they are great vans but the Chevy offered more for the money for me, maybe when you see it in person you will change your mind about Yankie vans. Simon & Jo thanks for your comments hope to see you all soon. Hayden excellent photos, isnt Jerry a posser.

Forget all your troubles drive a Chevy!!!!!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Paul, yep I agree with all that you have stated, however, I have been a great fan of Yankie cars of the fifty's [now thats what I call bling, chrome and fins], and have longed to own a Dodge, GMC or Chevy dayvan since the days of custom vans, I could never make up my mind which I liked the best.

Unlike Simon I drive without putting the pedal to the metal, I just like to cruise. On a trip to the Scottish bash last year I got 27 mpg and that with a caravan in tow, that's crusing at 60 mph at 2000 revs.

I have owned my Bongo for nearly 4 years now, it's my only vehicle so it's used daily and it's sailed thru all it's MOT's. I've spent money only on bling, SS exhust etc. Bodywork in superb condition, no rust and is also 13 years old. Yep you can say that about a BONGO, mine is a testomy to it.

Perhaps when you see my Bongo you'll want to do a swop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you and THE Chevy

Dave
The Janner Vanner
Stallion (The Chevy)

Post by Stallion (The Chevy) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Dave,
A swap might be a bit OTT (the steering wheels on the wrong side for me :lol: ) but it will be nice to meet you and see your Bongo. I do like Bongos there were some excellent examples at Woodlands, I just wanted something a bit different, I wouldn't change it now for anything.

Forget all your troubles drive a Chevy!!!!!
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Wed May 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Here are a few pictures taken to capture the magic of bongo meets,hope you like them,cant wait untill next meet,gary and tina...

Louise said...There right these bongos are easy to drive,even if your caught with your pants down...

Libby said,,,Now you see me...

Now you dont,,,

Let us out we can see lots of BONGOSSSSSSSS.

That was a great meet Libby,what do you think,great Louis cant wait untill the next one..

lizard
Supreme Being

Post by lizard » Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Cheers Simon, you have done it again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see all the peeps, nice pics.
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”