WOODLANDS 2009

Moderator: Doone

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Re: WOODLANDS 2009

Post by the janner vanner » Thu May 14, 2009 7:09 am

Paul, it's all down to individual taste, however a yank van is a very close second to my Bongo. But hay, Roseanne and I wouldn't have met so many wonderful Bongoliers if we didn't own our Bongo.
Dave
The Janner Vanner
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 am

I'm with you there Dave, we never thought when we bought our Bongo three years ago that it would open up a whole new world for us and that we would make such lovely friends. Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Thu May 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Well said, Mo and Dave, my sentiments exactly. Bongo life is unique!
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
Stallion (The Chevy)

Post by Stallion (The Chevy) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Dave,
I totally agree with you there Ive been to two Bongo meets now as a Bongo friend and have met some wonderful people, you do have a great scene going on, hopefully me and Angie will be invited along in the future. all the best.
Bessybongo
Bongonaut

Post by Bessybongo » Thu May 14, 2009 6:01 pm

The Stallion, I loved it, I would love to put all the interior out of the Stallion and the Pop up Roof onto a Long Wheelbase Transit, Whaw!!! BessyBongo Dream Machine :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stallion (The Chevy)

Post by Stallion (The Chevy) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Sounds like youve got a good project there bessybongo, go for it the results could be awsome :shock:
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu May 14, 2009 7:12 pm

So you've found your dream machine Haydn, you'll have to try it out on photoshop first and then post it on the forum. You should have been around in the 70's when a few Transits were customised to look like a Yank. Just wish I had some pix. Back then I had a mildly customised Mory 1000 Van and I was "The Vansman from Creeeeeam County". Pimpin seems to be in the blood. Oh yea, you could try the National Street Van Association.

http://www.nsva.co.uk/transitcustomvans.htm

Dave
The Janner Vanner
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 pm

and here's one for you Paul

http://www.nsva.co.uk/astrovan.htm
Last edited by the janner vanner on Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Janner Vanner
Stallion (The Chevy)

Post by Stallion (The Chevy) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Cheers Dave,
Very nice, mines seems a bit basic compared to that lot =D> Hayden you should look at that link, bottom page on the left a nice long wheelbase version ther for you. some ideas maybe!!!!!!!
alans00ty5
Bongolier

Post by alans00ty5 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:43 pm

edward holman wrote:and here's one for you Paul

http://www.nsva.co.uk/astrovan.htm
fantastic vans all of them.
2wd white v6 what alovely mover.
lizard
Supreme Being

Post by lizard » Thu May 14, 2009 9:47 pm

rooster wrote:I'm with you there Dave, we never thought when we bought our Bongo three years ago that it would open up a whole new world for us and that we would make such lovely friends. Mo

Yes. but a Bongo would be great with a 4.5 V6 motor. :lol:
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa
Bessybongo
Bongonaut

Post by Bessybongo » Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Dave, I'm all Talk, It's all in my Dreams, do you really think the Children would let me change Bessybongo,
I do miss my Transit, I like my bongo Pop up roof, and i would really really love to have the Stallion Electric Bed to go with my Electric Blanket, :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Haydn

I'll Scream! and Shout at the Mountain Tops!
and walk Quietly and peacefully in the Valleys

Bye for now, Miss you already Ah Ah Ah
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 am

Absolutely not a patch on Haydn's wonderful photos, but here's my meagre contribution (click for slideshow - there's only 10 pics)

What I have learned in my steep learning curve for next camping meet
  • Wander around a bit more and be a bit more friendly

Take more photos
and what I have learned for next camping trip (meet or not)
  • Bring more outdoor toys for Isaac so that he stays near our tent and his new little mates will come to him. Will save us a lot of time / walking

Bring food that's quick to cook so I don't spend half the meet staring at a pan

Buy some levelling chocks

Replace my 20 year old "backpacker" airbeds with something different
Still had a fab time, and looking forward to next one :D
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri May 15, 2009 11:02 am

Alison, glad you enjoyed your first meet. From your list of lessons learned I would comment:

The first meet is always a bit bewildering, so many new people and you feel a bit nervous about approaching them. But I'm sure you will soon realise that we are all very friendly and you can talk to any of us. Anyway, you now know some of the Bongoliers so next time will be easier for you.

Photos - I never take many because Haydn puts so many fantastic ones on the forum (thanks to Kirsty). My only problem is I can't work out how to download any of them on to my hard disk or to a DVD so I can keep them.

Cooking - we don't believe in spending much time cooking when we could be out enjoying ourselves - a weekend is all too short without that chore. We have toasted fruit loaf from Lidls for breakfast, soup or toasted sandwich for lunch (do buy a toasted sarni maker from Asda, so cheap, and keep it for the Bongo) and a pasta or rice meal in the evening.

Levelling chocs - yes, absolutely essential. As are wellies or crocks - the grass is always wet early in the morning, even in summer.

A comfortable night is so important - we converted our Bongo ourselves and our first priority was the bed so we fitted an almost-double-size rock-and-roll bed and then built our own units to fit the remaining space. We also have really thick sleeping bags - well worth the extra expense.

When we meet at Cardinham do come and look over our Bongo and see what we have done. Also any of the other Bongoliers who have conversions will be quite happy for you to have a nose - it's something we all do!

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Bessybongo
Bongonaut

Post by Bessybongo » Fri May 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Hello! Mo hope you and Bob are Ok, Missed the rest of the happy Wanderers, there were a Few new Families, great Bunch fab Kiddies, Dave dident know what he Started when he Brought us Lot all together did He,
I really don't understand why you can't put your Photo's onto the Forum!!!!
you need to get yourself a Kirsty God Bess Her,
I hope thay all have a wonderfull time in Italy ( Lucky People ) Very best of Luck & a Safe Jurney to all on the Bash!
From Haydn

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”