Watermouth Cove September 5th-7th - fancy? *DON'T DELETE*

Moderator: Doone

Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Re: Watermouth Cove near Ilfracombe September 5th-7th - fancy?

Post by Bin Bongoed » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:35 pm

We've just booked - Geoff & Carol. We stayed at a campsite in Combe Martin, earlier this summer (SUMMER?), a really nice site but it was twice the price of this one.

Looking forward to it!
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi!
Confirming we'll be there. Haven't been with your group before. Is any thing planned? Or is it do your own thing and meet and chat in the evenings?
We reckon about six hours from Melton, 'bout the same as Stapleford but we think well worth the trip.
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm

Will be great to see you again, Geoff and Carol. Technophobe, so glad you are definitely coming, you've got a long journey to get there. Nothing special has been planned as we didn't realise so many people would be interested, but no doubt we'll all get together and arrange something once we get there. As for the evenings, there is a pub just on the edge of the site, serves decent, cheap meals, will be fine for the evenings, or maybe we can do a group barbecue? I would bring my keyboard but as it's still only early September and there might be quite a lot of other campers, I might not be very popular if I started making music in the evenings! Any suggestions from anyone?
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:34 pm

I've just spoken to Dave @ Watermouth & he seemed slight bewildered. He hadn't hear of Mazda Bongos or Bongo Fury. The only one he was aware of was West Country Motorhome Club. I did drop in a few names of people attending, but he didn't seem to recognise them. Either way, he seemed quite happy for folks to turn up & pay him on the day. He said was happy for any business he could get at this time of year. So see you there on the 6th.
Bin Bongoed
Tribal Elder

Post by Bin Bongoed » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:54 pm

Yes, he seemed quite bewildered when I booked, but just said 'Just turn up and join your group when you see them'. I too dropped a few names, no response. He did say that it goes quite dead after the schools go back.

See you there!
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:19 am

Simon, and Geoff & Carol - sorry you had a problem booking. I originally booked for 6 of us and paid our deposits back in May, I have spoken to Dave several times on the telephone, he's been very helpful, and I have a receipt and letter from him. I will ring Dave as soon as the site office is open and post again, but I don't think there's any problem however many want to come. Mo.
Last edited by rooster on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am

OK Simon, and Geoff & Carol, all sorted! I have just spoken to Dave and he confirms that all our bookings are ok. He said, Simon, that when you rang you said you were part of the Bongo Fury Group - which we are, of course, but in May I just booked as 'several Mazda Bongo campervans' and as he's had a full season since then, he probably forgot. He said he thought that Bongo Fury was a pop group (it takes all sorts! I'd better bring my keyboard and show him what a good pop group we are!!).

If anyone else wants to come at the last minute, it seems there will be plenty of room this time of year, so please do just come along and join us. We don't mind if the site 'goes quite dead', we are used to making our own entertainment aren't we?

Mo
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Ah I see. Well I tried several combinations of Mazda Bongo / Bongo Fury to see which ones worked, but at least it's sorted now.

See you all next Saturday

Simon & Coralie.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:32 am

Looking forward to seeing you all on the weekend. Thought I'd better warn you - make sure you go to Watermouth VALLEY CAMPING Park and not Watermouth COVE HOLIDAY Park. They are right next to each other, and the chap at Watermouth Cove Holiday Park may not be too helpful in directing you to the correct site!

For your GPS the postcode is EX34 9SJ. You take the A361 towards Barnstaple. Turn right at the third roundabout signposted Combe Martin. After driving through Combe Martin the site is 1½ miles on the right hand side.

Mo
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 am

Morning, my intrepid Wanderer friends!

I have just spoken to Dave at Watermouth and he says in view of the forecast he has a room we can use in the evenings and I can play my keyboard there, so that solves our problem of what to do in the wet evenings if we don't want to just sit in the pub chatting.

Dave also said the grass pitches are very soggy but if we get stuck trying to get out he can pull us out - sounds like fun!

Look forward to seeing you all and remember - we've never let the weather stop us yet!!
Mo
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 am

mo, good luck with the meet " wish i was there " see you at looe if not before :D :D :mrgreen:
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Thanks Simon. I think tomorrow is forecast to be the worse day weather-wise but we've all done it before, and there's a great pub just on the edge of the site! =D>

But it won't be the same without you, Julie and the kids, we are all going to miss you so much. :(

Still, we'll be seeing you in two weeks. :lol:

Mo
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 pm

What a great weekend!

Weather - wet and windy

Conditions - muddy

Company - as stimulating as ever. Great to meet up with old friends and to make new ones - Technophobe (Richard and Jo), welcome to the Happy Wanderers! We hope to see you again soon.

Another successful weekend, culminating in Dave and Roseanne's 39th wedding anniversary celebration on Saturday night.

Mo
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 pm

We had a very pleasant stay & it was good to catch up with some old friends. Lots of weather & a bit of mud, but that's all part of the fun of it. Hopefully we'll see many of you again in two weeks at Looe!

View of the gathering from the hill:

View over the neighbouring campsite to the coast:

Brrrr!

The harbour:

Rosanne & Dave cutting the cake:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Looks great, met with Keefysher on his way back and he reported a good time had by all. :D

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”