Watermouth Cove September 5th-7th - fancy? *DON'T DELETE*

Moderator: Doone

rooster
Bongolier

Watermouth Cove September 5th-7th - fancy? *DON'T DELETE*

Post by rooster » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Bob and I have booked to go to Watermouth Cove near Ilfracombe from Friday 5 September to Sunday 7 September.

Having mentioned this in passing to a few of our Bongo friends, they have shown interest. If any other ‘Happy Bongoliers’ would like to join us, just ring Dave at Watermouth Valley Park on 01271 862282 and tell him you would like to join the Bongo crowd. The price is £7.50 + £2 hookup for ‘motorhome’ or £9 + £2 hookup for car and caravan per night. Dave asks for £4 deposit.

If you go into Bongo Tales and look for Watermouth Cove you can read about our holiday there 2 years ago. At that time the site was called Big Meadow. They are also on the net, of course.

Let me know if any of you book to join us.

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
hogggman
Supreme Being

Re: Watermouth Cove near Ilfracombe September 5th-7th - fancy?

Post by hogggman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:21 pm

this is a really lovely place.we used to stay nearby at stowford farm meadows near combe martin.the cove at watermouth is beautiful.just beyond there,i think, or maybe just before ,is a layby/carpark overlooking the sea.we used to go up there in the car and watch the sunsets.gorgeous.you can see right across to wales too.
mmmmm/we`re tempted now.about 240 miles for us though.
jamie
Gungadon

Post by Gungadon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Mo
Is that the place where there are lots of boats moored which dries out at low tide? I seem to remember it from years and years ago when we walked between lots of deep keeled boats. We haven't been to that part of the world for ages - maybe now's the time.
Shirley
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm

Yes that's the one Shirley - and you may remember there's a lovely castle there too - Watermouth Castle - that you can take a tour of. It's also just a short ride into Ilfracombe, which I think is a great place - been going there on and off for over 20 years. Would be great to see you there.
Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm

lovely campsite i had my 40th birthday party there if you like i got some pic still to up load but there a nice one from the top of the site looking out to the harbour
take it easy drive a bongo
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:20 pm

hi bob & mo tried to get time off for your meet was told i could only have one hol. either this one or bongo fest sw as i've already booked the other i cannot make this one sorry :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 am

Alan, thanks for the offer to upload some photos. I think there are some on the camp's website but if you have a nice one looking out to the harbour, it would be good to see that on the forum.

Simon-yes, I am so disappointed you can't make it, it won't be the same without you. But I know the problem with holidays, Bob gets the same thing, so little holiday, so much we want to do. You poor working men! But will see you at the barbie this Saturday.

Mo
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:25 pm

thanks mo ,yes looking forward to the bbq meet , see you there..
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi All.

We were told that you were meeting whilst we were in Poland. Thought we would come and join you as we have not been in Devon for far too long.
For those that know how, do you think you can order some summer?? 8) I've got me wellies but would rather have sandals :)
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 pm

We'd be very pleased to have you join us technophobe, and anyone else who would care to come - just ring up the site and ask to be placed with the other Bongos. Look forward to seeing you. Mo
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm

We're going to try to make it down on the Saturday for the night. My folks live down the road in Braunton, so it gives me an excuse to pop in for a roast dinner on Sunday :)
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh Poo. We're up there two weeks later at Ruda! Just round the corner. Watermouth is an unusual natural harbour. Lovely spot. And a tour of the castle with its 'water organ' is worth a visit. I think i remember the camp site there as it is at the top of the harbour. If my memory serves me right.

There's loads of Bongos in the area especially around Braunton, Croyde and Barnstaple.

Although we aren't going at the same time we certainly recommend the area.

Nice one Bob and Mo.

Tim
"Living the Dream"
sparkymik
Bongolier

Post by sparkymik » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:29 pm

I like the sound of this,I was in the South Hams near Salcome 4 weeks ago and wanted to go there, but it was cold so returned over the moor to Salcome, I will try and make a date, hopefully it'll be dry [-o< [-o<

Sparky
The Bongo has gone. Long live The Bongo

Hymer Camp Swing 544/Fiat Ducato 2.3jtd
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 pm

Be great to see you Sparkymik if you can make it.

Would everyone who has booked just let me know on the forum, so I have an idea how many we will be?

Thanks
Mo
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:34 pm

we'll be there
The Janner Vanner

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”