CARDINHAM BARBECUE - Saturday 19TH JULY *DON'T DELETE*

Moderator: Doone

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Re: CARDINHAM BARBECUE - Saturday 19TH JULY

Post by the janner vanner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

thanks Mo, we'll more than likley make up our minds after BBQ, depending when it finishes and how I feel,
Dave
The Janner Vanner
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi, looking forward to seeing you all at Cardinham on saturday. Haydn will camp Friday and Saturday at Bodmin c and c club site and I shall drive down on the Saturday morning early (to the same site) after waving bye bye to my Danish students at 6.45 am. I shall do a sun dance today to ensure good weather. see you very, very soon. Jo
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
Bored Lizard

Post by Bored Lizard » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi All,
Might make it down tommorow, depends on the weather
Look forward to meeting you all..

Cheers
Mark
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Look forward to seeing you Bored Lizard. It doesn't matter if it does rain.

Tim
"Living the Dream"
bongo rbk

Post by bongo rbk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:56 pm

bu**er i'm all geared up for a sunday meet, just thought i'd see if i could find some more out about cardinham and found one very important thing out.......... Its a saturday meet!!!!!! :roll: :roll: ](*,) ](*,) :oops: :oops:
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 am

RBK "Come on down!!" You're only a day out! What are you on, 'Greenwich day time'?

Weather looking good 18 degrees, sunny, breezy. Its gonna be a good one.

See you there.

Tim & the Gang
"Living the Dream"
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Thank you to those of you who turned out for a very pleasant barbecue in the woods. It was good to catch up with old friends and of course meet new.

A total of 13 Bongo's made this meet and some photos will follow to show the rest of you what you missed.

Will sort out another mini meet if someone would like to propose a venue.

Cheers Bonogliers.

Tim, Jill and Sam (three sets of clothes he went through! We'll find a spot somewhere without water next time!!)
"Living the Dream"
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:19 pm

thanks tim had a great time, shame we missed you leaving, but a few of us were taking in the scenery on our loooooooong walk :D :D :D . see you soon
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:28 pm

13 Bongos turned up for the barbecue at Cardinham Woods and we had a wonderful day. We should do it again (quite often!). Most of the Bongoliers only stayed for the day but 8 of us – Bob and myself, Haydn, Jo, Dave and Roseanne and ‘Bored Lizard’ (sorry, don’t know your names yet) spent the night at the nearby Bodmin Camping and Caravan Club site – a very clean and well run site.

Sunday dawned bright and sunny. It was my birthday (I won’t tell you how old I am, but I am very, very old). My day started with a text message from Bob and Linda wishing me happy birthday.

After a shower and some breakfast 6 of us – Bob and myself, Haydn, Jo, Dave and Roseanne – returned to Cardinham Woods to meet up with Simon, Julie and children for morning coffee. Here my birthday surprises started. Firstly, in the car park I was presented with a beautiful basket of African violets, to which was tied a very colourful Happy Birthday balloon. These were from Laura, Callum and Stewart (Simon and Julie’s children). Then, two stunning bouquets from my special Bongo friends, and a very funny card from them all, which when opened played The Chicken Song!

Lots of photographs were taken, then we went in for coffee. There I discovered my surprises hadn’t ended. The waiter came in carrying a birthday cake complete with candles, and everyone sang ‘Happy Birthday’.

Sadly, Simon, Julie and children then had to leave us but the rest of us then went for a Sunday lunch. We had a very small private room which was sumptuously decorated, and had big French windows.

So thanks to Tim and Jill for arranging such a great Bongo Barbecue, and thanks to all my Bongo friends for making my birthday such a special one.

Photos to follow

Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:32 pm

PHOTOS CARDINHAM see Image
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Mo

Many Happy Returns for the Day. Didn't realise it was your Birthday. What a great Birthday you have had and well done to those who organised the surprises and made it that extra special.

Sorry we didn't hang around to say goodbye to everybody on Saturday but we didn't know what time you were coming back and we had to get to Trago Mills before it closed!!

Tim
"Living the Dream"
BONGO-LOUIS

Post by BONGO-LOUIS » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi mo and a lovely happy birthday weekend to you glad you enjoyed bein spoiled with birthday cake etc. =D> =D> =D> your as old as you feel take care.

Gary & Tina xxxxxx

BONGO-LOUIS
violetbongojo
Bongonaut

Post by violetbongojo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:23 pm

Lovely weekend, thanks Tim and Jill for organizing such a great day. Then, of course, it turned into a 'mini' mini-meet with 5 vans camping overnight at Old Callywith rd campsite. originally I had intended to whizz down to Cardinham for a few hours and only then if the weather was fine. Then I thought I might stay overnight and it just 'grew and grew' into a great little meet. and it was nice to be able to celebrate Mo's birthday with her. Haydn, (Bessybongo) drove down all the way from Wales so that was the icing on the cake. And then our own little room at the Callywith arms for lunch. 'Perfick'!!
Under ground, over ground, bongoing free!
Bored Lizard

Post by Bored Lizard » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Great weekend, thanks Tim and Jill for organizing such a great day.
Nice to meet more like minded people, Like violetbongojo we had originaly only thought to pop down for a couple of hours but things snowballed from there on.
With 5 dogs anything like this can be hard to sort.
Look forward to meeting you all again soon

Mark, Jane and the muts
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

What a fab weekend that turned out to be, thanks Tim for arranging such a good venue, you must do it again soooooon. Great company, great weather, great food, and to top it off we had a fab day with the birthday girl. I did enjoy the convoy on the Sunday after the morning coffee. Sorry I'm a bit late posting but we've had problems with the net these last couple of day,
Dave and Roseanne
Pix to follow
The Janner Vanner

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”