CARDINHAM BARBECUE - Saturday 19TH JULY *DON'T DELETE*

Moderator: Doone

Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Re: CARDINHAM BARBECUE - Saturday 19TH JULY

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Too true. \:D/ When we were down last week, everyother one was a bongo! Got to rival Poole as the Bongo Capital for sure 8-[
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 am

Peter

Poole? Where's that?
"Living the Dream"
soonski

Post by soonski » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Damn it! I cant make this as I will be in Brighton that weekend. Was really looking forward to finally meeting the local crew. Will have to wait until the Looe bash I guess.

Have fun :)
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Sorry Soonski.

Summer is always a problem with commitments. We will catch up with you soonski though!!
"Living the Dream"
chief wiggam

Post by chief wiggam » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Sounds like a top day out.I,m down your neck of the woods 12th to 26th so why not....count me in :D ...................and yes i know it's spelt chief but i,m special and like it my way better before you all ask #-o
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:45 am

Nice one Cheef

Look forward to seing you there.

Tim
"Living the Dream"
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 pm

On holiday this week so today we took a ride out to have a look at Cardinham Woods. You are right, Tim, it's a beautiful spot and ideal for a Bongo Barbie. We'll see you all there.

While we were in the area we thought we'd have a quick look at the camping site called Little Margate Farm just up the hill from the entrance to Cardinham Woods. It is indeed very basic (this is where Jo and Haydn had a rather blustery experience, see Jo's link under 'A very cold Easter in Bodmin.') The field is on quite a slope so you would need your ramps. There are no facilities except for one toilet in a little shed in the field and a water point. There are a few hookups.

The owners are a very pleasant and down-to-earth couple, we had a chat with them and they said camping club membership is not obligatory. If any of you need a place to camp for the Saturday night this would do for a one night stop. The owners' names are Bill and Lesley Wheeler and their telephone number is 01208 74890.

The price per pitch is £7 or £10 with hookup.
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks for this Bob. I never realised there was a camp site there. Handy for those whjo want to make a weekend of it.
"Living the Dream"
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am

We have decided to spend the night at the Little Margate Farm campsite, and so has Violet Bongo Jo, so if anyone wants to join us to make a weekend of it -never mind about lack of facilities, the weather is set fair, and if necessary I'm sure we can find a pub down the road! See you all Saturday. Mo
No-one is perfect. There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am

Nice one Bob. By the sound of the site though you won't be 'rockin' and rollin' it this time, it'll be more like 'slip slidin' away.!"! :( '

Don't forget everyone is welcome to join us. If you haven't been to a Bongo meet before don't worry because we're a "freindee bunch". Just come along and make some new freinds.

Tim
"Living the Dream"
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:38 am

Disregard previous message about booking into Little Margate Farm for the mo. I have just spoken to Jo and she and Haydn have decided to book into Bodmin Camping & Caravan Club at Old Callywith Road, Bodmin, she says not far away from Cardinham Woods. 01208 73834. They do take non-members (for a fee!). I have just checked their website, it is £6.95 per adult + £6 for non-members so for 2 adults works out at £19.90, which is twice the price of Little Margate. I can't get Bob during the daytime so I will have to speak to him tonight as to what he wants to do.
Mo
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:12 pm

hi Mo, Jo, and Haydn, what nights are you planning to stop at the C&CC site? also like to advise that it's £4.85 pp if your are old enough to get the concession rate for members,
Dave
The Janner Vanner
rooster
Bongolier

Post by rooster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Dave, not sure until I see Bob tonight whether we will stay or come home (it's only an hour away for us). We will post a reply once we have decided what we are going to do. I think Haydn is going to be at the C & C site Friday night and Saturday night, and Jo just the Saturday night but I'm not quite sure, hopefully they will post a reply themselves.
Mo
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi all ,just took a little trip out to cardinham woods this morning. car park charges are £2 for all day (pay and display) or £1 for up to 2 hours , cafe, toilets all on site, really nice area . If your not sure where it is ,turn down by the crematorium and continue straight down ,it's all sign posted . See you all on Saturday.....
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm

bongoing-mad-simon wrote: If your not sure where it is ,turn down by the crematorium and continue straight down ,it's all sign posted
Is that a dead end?

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”