The NUFBUS

Moderator: francophile1947

Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Re: The NUFBUS

Post by Pete & Sue » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Home, at last! :lol:
After our rather hectic week and a bit with the family we started to make plans to return to Ashford. Unfortunately the alternator failed on Saturday morning and so did my heart! :shock: :!: :!:
Ordered a replacement, alternator that is, from thestartermotoralternatorco.ltd, down in Devon and got a new one for £120 + £15 Parcel Force Express 24 service; did not have to send the old alternator back, so will get that reconditioned for future use.
Good old Parcel force, eh? Should have arrived on Tuesday but because of delays at the National Hub it did not arrive until Wednesday, making our departure a day late. A refund of £15 is on its way.
Thankfully it was an easier job replacing the alternator than I thought, so we were able to get on the road to home by 5.00 pm, reaching home by 11.00 pm. :D
Bongoing is never boring and, thanks to both the Bongo and the forum, very educational from a mechanical DIY point of view. =D> \:D/ \:D/
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:24 am

Pete & Sue wrote:Home, at last! :lol:
After our rather hectic week and a bit with the family we started to make plans to return to Ashford. Unfortunately the alternator failed on Saturday morning and so did my heart! :shock: :!: :!:
Ordered a replacement, alternator that is, from thestartermotoralternatorco.ltd, down in Devon and got a new one for £120 + £15 Parcel Force Express 24 service; did not have to send the old alternator back, so will get that reconditioned for future use.
Good old Parcel force, eh? Should have arrived on Tuesday but because of delays at the National Hub it did not arrive until Wednesday, making our departure a day late. A refund of £15 is on its way.
Thankfully it was an easier job replacing the alternator than I thought, so we were able to get on the road to home by 5.00 pm, reaching home by 11.00 pm. :D
Bongoing is never boring and, thanks to both the Bongo and the forum, very educational from a mechanical DIY point of view. =D> \:D/ \:D/
Glad to hear you got a good result. That's a pretty good price for an alternator under a non-exchange deal. The refund on postage costs makes it even better :lol:
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Sat May 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi guys, anybody there?
Went to the Softies and it was a great weekend. Met old friends and new friends. Got a bit tiddley, fell over, enjoyed the site, the company and the whole Meet.

Ta very much Ian and Marianne.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Fun n games up North!
The afternoon before we were due to go to Birkenhead the blinking exhaust started to part company with the Bong, starting with the large oil-drum that was the back-box and other bits started swinging about. :cry:
Out with the GunGum paste and coat hangers, a length of exhaust pipe, courtesy of a local exhaust centre.Stuck and wired up the new bit of pipe and left it overnight to settle. :!:
Got to Birkenhead OK and found that my bodge was so solid that I couldn't move it; which gave me time to arrange a visit to Walsall to arrange to have a stainless exhaust made-up and fitted. On the way back found that the noise was not too bad from inside but when I got back to the folks they asked 'When was I going to get the new one fitted?' Just a tad noisier than expected. :twisted:
I have to say that the 5 hour journey home was a bit noisy and since returning to Kent I have fitted a baffle into the pipe and it is just right.

http://www.customizedchoppers.com/

The circumference of the larger end of the baffle was a little too large to push fit into the pipe so I cut out a 5mm strip to enable me to compress the baffle into the pipe and it sprang back to size and made a tight fit, that with the nut and bolt provided means it is now immovable; God help me if I need to remove it. :roll:

Ain't Bongos grand!
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Bash 2010.

Just in case anyone missed the Bongo Bash here are a few pics.

img]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108 ... G_0086.jpg[/img]

More to follow, just got to connect pooter to electrickery!

Up and runnng!

There you go, just a few memories of the weekend that everyone enjoyed so much.

Love to all,
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Another good meet for Bongoers in the South West.
So good to meet new peeps and see all the ones we know so well. Our Kirstie shepherding the flock, so good to see Dave, Steve and the lovely 'Jingle Jangle'; thanks for the number-plate surrounds. Team Bridge gave us some good laughs, Baz on the Raz was chuffed with his new roll-out; I think.
We were next to Brian & Bev and Johnny and Jan "the bee people"; lovely honey, didn't get my nibbles! Although Crazy Graham seems to have helped in that department! Hmmm?
John and Jane were good company, hope to get to see you very soon.
Many thanks to Jeff and Paulette for the tour of their new Bongo and for the instructions and material for making the roof bed more accessible.
Have to say that I missed Ian and Selina, "Brat" and Lyn.
Just so nice to be there with such good company.

Quite a shock to wake up in plastic surburbia, nice peeps tho'.

No room in the fridge.

A very nice Swedish man relaxing in the Looe, sunshine that is.

"Pillage, plunder and all that. Where's the pies! (undercover Vikings)

'Team Bridge' in the gear and in civvies.

A small pome for Crazy.

The wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
The love of a staunch true man,
The love of a baby unafraid,
Have existed since life began.
But the greatest love, the love of loves,
Even greater than that of a mother,
Is the tender, passionate, infinite love,
Of one drunken bum for another.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

The Nufbus RIP, p'raps.

Post by Pete & Sue » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello lovely people, 'tis I, Bongo Pete.
Had a topsy-turvy few years with a bit of illness, but mostly we 'ave been 'avin' trouble with Ma-in-Law. God rest her soul, and her ashes.
Because of above we have lost touch with the forum, and reality, but having another go. Don't like reality anyhow!!!!
Last Thursday,24th March, a young man and his motor whacked into the Bong having bounced off of 3 or 4 other vehicles on the way. the remains of his motor made a quite precise attack upon the O/S front wheel and suspension, leaving the Bong listing heavily, before his flight was arrested by the car in front of me. 3 write-offs and, apparently, 3 bent but drivable. No injuries.
I actually feel quite sorry for the lad.
The Police were very helpful, the Bong taken to a Police compound awaiting Insurance Assessor; now thats a hell of a story yet to be told!
Should the Nufbus become no more we will purchase another, because we love Bongos and Bongonauts and would miss the wonderful Bongo Meets.
We will keep you informed of our progress; if any.
Bye for now, will attempt to add photos if I can remember how.
Pete & Sue
Last edited by Pete & Sue on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: The Nufbus RIP, p'raps.

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 pm

That is a tale. :shock:

Let's hope Bongy recovers and you can get back to the great outdoors soon. 8)
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 pm

I see the Nufbus big post is locked. Ominous!!!!!
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 am

How fantastic to see a post from you guys on here after all this time, and that you still have the Bongo. Fingers crossed it can be fixed. I have thought of you from time to time and wondered how you were. Best wishes from up here in Cheshire. I retire tomorrow :-) Mike
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 am

I'll raise a glass to a long and Bongoing retirement for you, Mike. =D>
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am

Bob wrote:I'll raise a glass to a long and Bongoing retirement for you, Mike. =D>
That's the plan Stan.......errrrr......Bob......errrr.....Ben. :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm

FAB, Bill. :D
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks guys. We have our own insurers,Allianz, handling the claim. Hoping to be Bongoing by June for the Bash.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Let's hope so. [-o<

:D :D :D

Return to “London, Kent & Sussex”